Special Immigration Tickets

goggamonster

Hi,

with the 40kg baggage allowance, is it only one suitcase, or can I use two to make up the 40kg?

Do you actually get Special Immigration Tickets and are they more expensive as your normal tickets?

I booked mine at Flight Centre for 23rd December for R 28 000 for one adult, one child and one infant. On Qantas' website self they quoted me R 29 000 for oneway with normal baggage. I don't know what IOM would ask.

no bag may weigh more than 33 kg(please check, Im not 100% sure of the exact weight), but this has to do with occupational safety regulations where baggage handlers may not pick up bags over a certain weight.

I saw 32kgs, ok so I may take two adding to 40kgs, one 25 and one 15 for example.

Thank you for your reply

Hi,

with the 40kg baggage allowance, is it only one suitcase, or can I use two to make up the 40kg?

You can use as many suitcases as you want to make up the 40kg. Bear in mind that there's a maximum weight per suitcase - I think it's 32kg. Our family of five came with 200kg between us made up of lots of staunch cardboard boxes as well as suitcases. We looked a bit skaapie at the airport, but didn't want the expense of buying lots of suitcases or the hassle of storing them afterwards.

You can use as many suitcases as you want to make up the 40kg. Bear in mind that there's a maximum weight per suitcase - I think it's 32kg. Our family of five came with 200kg between us made up of lots of staunch cardboard boxes as well as suitcases. We looked a bit skaapie at the airport, but didn't want the expense of buying lots of suitcases or the hassle of storing them afterwards.

Oo great, thanks a bunch

Archived