Moving Companies

Odin

Im curious as to what moving company you used to Adelaide- we are down to either Biddulphs or Byrons Britannia- a 40 ft from JHB to Adelaide

• 2 months later...

We ended up using Bayleys. Our container left on Friday. Was really happy with the way they packed the stuff. Will let you know once our stuff arrive on the other side.

What we really liked about Samantha that came to do the quote was that she didn't assume we knew what was allowed. She pointed out what was/wasn't allowed as she was doing the quote. The guys packing was also very clued up as what can go.

• 1 month later...

So, our furniture was cleared today and will be delivered on Tuesday. The only issue customs had was with Corryx Cold and Flu and Advil cold and flu and ornamental rifles which they confiscated. The medicine I am not sure why but I actually don't care and the rifles we expected potential problems as no-one could find out what we should do. So hubby will give them a call and we will see what happens. The trailer is still being cleared.

Will see on Tuesday if there was any damages and will let you know. But so far it was a breeze

Hi Ellen

Just wanted to check with you..I notice you mention a trailer? Did you take a Venter with? If so can you let me know what the import duties were? My hubby is thinking of taking his. I said we need to make sure it is fully cleaned and buy new tyres just before we go so that there is no issue with soil?

Regards

Shona

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Shona

We took an offroad trailer/caravan loaded with camping stuff. There was no import duties as we owned it for more than 1 year. We just cleaned it thoroughly inside and outside. We had to deliver the trailer to Bayley's. After the container was packed with all the household contents the container was taken back to their offices and the trailer was loaded into the back. Before they load the trailer they washed it again to ensure it was clean.

My husband collected the trailer today and the trailer and all our camping stuff was cleared by customs without any problems. There are quite a few posts on the forum of people that took their Venter trailers. I would certainly recommend to take it if you have space. It was really an easy process and certainly worthwhile. I actually found an excellent post on this forum of the process to follow. Let me know if you cannot find it.

• Like 1

Other than a crack on a cement garden pot no damages. Absolutely amazing. Will certainly recommend Bayley's

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you do decide not to bring your Venter Trailer, you can buy one in Australia. Check out www.ventertrailer.com for contact details.

Hi Ellen,

did they charge you to confiscate the rifles? Did you get them back? Did it slow down the whole process? My husband has some that his father had.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply. No fees for the ornamental rifles being confiscated. Hubby is a bit busy at work at the moment and haven't had a chance to sort if out. It also did not slow anything down. Everything else has been cleared and delivered without any problems.