Nice Spots For Kids In Brisbane

pam abrey

Brisbane has some amazing parks for kids all over the place but there are a few that we have frequently regularly:

1. Roma Street Parklands: close to the city but it has free parking around the park on Saturdays and Sundays. Take along a nice picnic and then catch the little train which runs around the park from 10h00 on Friday, Sat and Sunday. It's a fabulous place because it has a big play park and gorgeous plants and gardens. You can hop off and on the train but buy your tickets by Melange Cafe at the machine that looks like a parking meter!

2. Rocks Riverside: this is in Jindalee and when it reopens after the flood damage (apparently soon) it has wonderful water play for kids and they can take along their little plastic bikes (which I hope you brought over from South Africa!)

3. Playground on Rafting Campground road - has super play facilities and a big track around it for bike riding;

4. Springfield : more water play but better for slightly older kids than toddlers

5. South bank : the most popular spot and a bit too crowded on weekends so plan to go early during the week.

Then we also have a yearly pass to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary which is so worthwhile as we pop in for an hour or two every couple of weeks and really get our money's worth. You can take your own picnic!

I'll add to this list as I investigate more as I belong to a group of mums who are in the know!

Hi! Where in Brissie are you and how old is your little one/s? I'm in the South with a bub of 2.5 going on 4 :blink::holy:

Have a nice day. :-)

Tarra,

Talita

Of course there is the Gold Coast theme parks down the road:

imageH0.030485.20070131_055113181678.jpg

Dreamworld

Dreamworld_and_WhiteWater_World_aerial_July_2011.jpg

$109.99-home-page-banner-715x275(14122011).jpg?width=715

header.jpg

White water world:

WWW-Att-Wiggles-Ride-4Pop.jpg

normal_6.JPG

Wet and Wild:

wet-n-wild1.jpg

Seaworld:

seaworld_16cs5rk-16cs5rm.jpg

2865791864_f79fdd7fc3_o.jpg

2606675271_9a68471533.jpg

Edited by Fish

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is great for kids:

1273647180_48439.jpg

And Australia Zoo:

australia_zoo.jpg

And Lone Pine:

2676676555_005507dcfa.jpg

Edited by Fish

Ok, officially jealous... :-)

:) And our median house prices are the lowest out of all the capital cities in mainland Australia. Get yourself here :D

:) And our median house prices are the lowest out of all the capital cities in mainland Australia. Get yourself here :D

We'll get there. :ilikeit:

DIAC just need to pull finger a bit. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Sitting here in the UK it seems like heaven!

Thanks for sharing and for the beautiful photo's!

We've been in Brisbane for 3 months and loving it :ilikeit:

We have so much to explore, can't wait!!