Australian Corporate Games 2011, My Story...

Reinhardt & Christa

I don't know about you, but in my mind I'm not getting any older. I still feel 19, just finished school and in my first year of studies, something that happened 19 years ago if my calculations are correct. On the one hand it's a good thing because they say you are as old as you think. But it can also cost you dearly, like when you agree to take part in the Australian Corporate Games.

Two years ago I took on the 10km challenge and of the 205 runners I finished third. From the back. When the race officials start to collect those orange route-marker cones and flags immediately after you passed, it might be considered a subtle hint that you may not be as competitive as you thought you were. I would just like to express my gratitude to Lesley, a lady from ANZ who ran a little slower than me, and also two of my former colleagues from JDS, Neale and Vilam. If they had not decided to walk the whole 10km for an equal last place I would probably have had that honour.

How quickly one forgets! Two years later I again found myself signing up for the 2011 Australian Corporate Games...

(The full story is posted on my blog. Die oospronklike Afrikaanse weergawe is hier beskikbaar.) :)

Awesome! When is your first book coming out?

Archived