Travel Insurance Recommendations - Holiday In South Africa

dale

Hi,

We are going to South Africa for a holiday next year and we are not sure what travel insurance to get. My husband can get travel insurance with FNB, but I am not to sure how their insurance compares with other options?

Would appreciate any advice!

Kind Regards

Dale

We always go with Southern Cross Travel Insurance. Must say, we have never needed to claim.

Dates Of Travel: 30/11/2011 - 25/1/2012

Plan: World

Type of Cover: Family

Total Premium: $ 338.02

Number Of People Insured: 4

Hi,

Thanks, they look quite reasonable. It is $199.17 for 2 adults and an infant for a month, is this normal?

Hi,

Thanks, they look quite reasonable. It is $199.17 for 2 adults and an infant for a month, is this normal?

Cheap!

I've compared all of them and they are definitely the cheapest. As we have no PR yet, not company wanted to insure us except them.

We've always used www.cheaptravelinsurance.com.au in the past for all our overseas travel. We normally pay around $150 for a 2 week trip to SA for a family of 5. Don't get distracted by their name, they are underwritten by Lloyds of London. Can't comment further as we luckily never had to claim but compare the benefits, almost like private medical insurance where you often have to pay for services you're most likely not going to need depending on where/what you're gonna do.

Archived