Movember Canberra Coffee Club - Brekkie Picnic

MrsMupersan

Hi all,

The next Canberra get together will be at Telopea Park in Barton on Sunday, 27 November at 10am.

Here's the facebook link with all the details: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=175686249189091

Come and join us - will be great to see some new faces.

Mrs Mupes

Shoe of your mo??? Shew, finger trouble on the iPad! Maybe showing it off would be a better idea. :blush:

Here's a map of the park and where we'll be.

Just bumping this one up as a reminder for next weekend's get together.

I just realised (blonde that I am) that not everyone is on Faceook, so here is the actual text from the invitation....

"Come & show off your mo!

The end of November should see the temps pretty high, so I've made it a morning get together so we miss the worst heat of the day.

Telopea Park is beautifully green and full of shady trees - the perfect spot to escape the worst of the heat.

Spread your picnic blanket under the trees. Bring along a brunch/brekkie picnic. We'll set up camp near the BBQ facilities, so you can cook up some bacon & eggs if you wish.

And we're close enough to Kingston & Manuka that, in the unlikely event that the weather turns nasty, we can just head to one of the many coffee shops in the area.

The park has a small half-pipe for skateboarders, a cycle path and plenty of beautiful green grass. Bring along the skateboards, bikes, frisbee, footie ball, etc.

Other things in the area for after the get together: Manuka swimming pool within walking distance, Manuka oval if there's a cricket match on, the Old Bus Depot markets and Kingston Glassworks, Parliament House, Museum of Democracy (old Parliament House), Questacon, all the galleries, museums & archives. Oh, and the rose gardens next to Old Parliament House are well worth a look in - absolutely beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing you all again! It's really been ages what with September cancelled with bad weather and Scott & I away in Perth for October.

Soooooo looking forward to catching up with "old" friends and meeting some new people too. And remember, this is not just for ex-Saffers - bring along your neighbours and colleagues - the more, the merrier!"

Just a reminder about the picnic on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Just posted some pics from the November coffee club on Facebook. Wow! What an amazing day we had. Cricket in the park. Touch rugby. Excellent fun!

You can find them here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.314122625278609&type=1

Archived