Visiting Perth Dec / Jan With Kids

samum

Hi everyone

We are in Adelaide but will be visiting Perth with our family from RSA :ilikeit: . Can anyone send me a list of suggestions to go and see / do... obviously I've searched google and I have the main things that we can do, I just thought that those out there with kids might know if there are any special things happening etc... we will have 4 kids...a 6 year old, 5 year old and two 3 year olds - so fairly youngish! We will be there from the 28th of Dec till the 10th of Jan... initially staying in Sorrento Beach area for about 7 days then to Mandurah the remainder of the time!

Anyway any events / suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks so much....

Whiteman Park (lovely zoo, transport museum, water park, tram, picnic area), Aqwa, Hillarys...

Just a few off the top of my head. I was also just a tourist there for a week so I dont have that much to share.

This is where I take all my visitors:-

1) Kings Park

2) Caversham

3) Yanchep

4) Pinaroo Point Cemetry for a game drive- guarenteed to see the Kangaroos

5) Neil Hawkins Park to feed the parrots

6) Point Walter for a picnic

7) Fremantle - and the Little creatures brewery

8) The Perth Museuem and Sci-Tech for the Little ones

9) Rottnest island for the day

10) Penguin island

11) Snorkelling at mettams Pools

12) A $10.00 lunch with a Million dollar view ( Jim deans) in Scarbourgh beach ( Mon to Fri) only- The food is not great but the view is worth it.

13) The Aquarium and the Marine Discovery centre at Hillarys

14) Ferry Ride from barracks Steet to South Perth and onto the Perth Zoo

15) A Picnic at Matlida Bay

These are also some options:-

Penquin Island Tours, and Dolphin watch, sometimes you get the dolphins splashing around anyway, so ask when you go to book the PI tour, you might get them for free.(the dolphins I mean)

Pinnacles, (petrified trees, salt encrusted) north of Perth.

Koala`s at Yanchep National Inn & park, .

Wave rock out near hyden, over 450klms, is also a monolith, (giant granite rock)

For those that like Monolith`s there is one in WA , ours is called MT Augustus, out in the hinterland from Geraldton.

IBut look around on the WAtourist bureau site there are problably other places none of us locals use as we are not tourists..

Hope that helps

• 1 month later...

Scitech in the city is also nice, if you are looking for something that is indoors. They do puppet shows.

Enrica has given some lovely ideas - going to try out some that we havent done also these holidays. Mullaloo beach is also lovely.

Archived