Queanbeyan

blessings

What is your general feel on Queanbeyan area? The newer areas in ACT is nice put the plot so so small!! Also, if you buy house in Qeanbeyan than at least you own the house!

Hey Blessings. Maybe come here and check out Qbyn before making decisions like that. It's a fair commute to Canberra if you'll be working there.

We also ultimately choose to buy a house outside ACT. We bought in Yass 45min from North Canberra. It's a great drive and we adapted quickly.Both hubby and I still work in Canberra,kids have chosen to stay in Canberra schools too.We made the decision based on property size. There were no properties with the size of land and house that was in our price range in Canberra.Ultimately it is about what you want.Other area outside ACT are Bungendore and Murrumbateman

• Like 1

People who grew up in Canberra tend to be a bit snobby towards their poorer cousin but both Queanbeyan and Jerrabomberra are very nice, there are some areas I would avoid there but you really have to come see for yourself

It like in Gauteng, you cannot compare Brakpan to Houghton. Same here... QBN would not be my first choice. Just personal preferrence ...

Blessings, there are some lovely places in QBN - and housing seems to be more affordable. There are some Canberrans who tend to be a little snooty towards those from QBN and Jerra. Absurd really - when some of the properties on the high side of the street are very pricey.

When you enter QBN from Canberra side, the main street just looks a little rundown. But Im sure you wont be living on the main street !

I live on the southside of Canberra and the drive to and from QBN is an easy one on good roads. It takes us about 20 / 25 mins.

Blessings, there are some lovely places in QBN - and housing seems to be more affordable. There are some Canberrans who tend to be a little snooty towards those from QBN and Jerra. Absurd really - when some of the properties on the high side of the street are very pricey.

When you enter QBN from Canberra side, the main street just looks a little rundown. But Im sure you wont be living on the main street !

I live on the southside of Canberra and the drive to and from QBN is an easy one on good roads. It takes us about 20 / 25 mins.

Could not agree more. Queanbeyan did get a bad rap many years ago but it has grown and its the older Canberrans who were born here that tend to look down their noses. I to live on the south side and love it.

• 1 year later...

Blessings, there are some lovely places in QBN - and housing seems to be more affordable. There are some Canberrans who tend to be a little snooty towards those from QBN and Jerra. Absurd really - when some of the properties on the high side of the street are very pricey.When you enter QBN from Canberra side, the main street just looks a little rundown. But Im sure you wont be living on the main street !I live on the southside of Canberra and the drive to and from QBN is an easy one on good roads. It takes us about 20 / 25 mins.

Are you allowed to live in QBN and Jerra...on a 190 visa.......being Queensland ACT border ?

New South Wales and ACT border.

I don't know enough about the visa - maybe a visa boff can clarify.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean NSW Border........tx ;)

I would also love to know if ACT would allow us to work in ACT but live outside the border

I had a look a few months ago at a beautiful property in Murrumbateman...but I wonder how the schooling will work? I dont think Amaroo Primary will allow me to enroll the kids if we are not living in the catchment area

Any thoughts?