Awful Experience With Obnoxious Agent In Adelaide

NicciG

Hi All

Just wanted to warn any prospective tenants on the property market in Adelaide to be cautious when viewing a property with a certain property letting company in Adelaide. PM me and I'll provide you with his details.

I have never met a more obnoxious, rude, inconsiderate, pompous censored.gifcensored.gifcensored.gifman in all my life (and I have met quite a few!!).mad.gif

We drove from the one side of Adelaide to the other to view a property in Mawson Lakes yesterday and, understandably, my seven-year old needed to use the bathroom after the trip. I explained to the agent that I know it is inconvenient, but will it be possible for her to use the bathroom. He looked me in the eye and said: "No, it will be extremely inappropriate. This is not your house, it is somebody else's." Can you believe it?! I know it is inappropriate, but she's a child for goodness sake!!!! Of course I wouldn't let up and made him ask the owner whether she could use the bathroom. What a change in attitude when he spoke to the owner!!

It was a lovely property, but based on his attitude, we've decided that it will be torturous to have to deal with him as letting agent. I can only imagine what he would be like when he came over for a property inspection!! Sad to miss out on the property, maar nou ja.

Edited to remove the name of the agent - if you want more details, please PM me and I'll provide you with his details.

Just wanted to vent!

Sorryblush.gif

Nicci

How farkin rude!!

Pity you can't get access to the owner and inform him of this rude person! You should actually just try and get in touch with the owner of the agency - unless he is the owner :blush:

Flipsakes, hope you don't see any other properties you like that he is letting...

May be a good omen. :rolleyes:

Why would you want to live in Mawson Lakes if "Stoffel" working in Edwardstown :whome:

Enjoy!

Hey Karina - that's the scary thing!!! He is co-owner!!! Flippen fool. I felt like e-mailing him with a complaint and sending a copy to his partner. You should see the drivel on his website saying that whether you are the lessor or lessee, you are equally important! Ha! What a joke!

Manny - I know, I know, but we're desperate for an affordable, modern rental property so we're looking everywhere. I prefer the older character homes, but "Stoffel" want's nothing but modern!!

Well sterkte, dis geen maklike taak nie, en die huise in ML is vrek, moer, donners klein... Net my 2c :lol:

Hoop julle kom gou reg - julle het darem nog bietjie tyd, en onthou, meeste plekke wil he mens moet amper dadelik kan intrek.. So hou dit ingedagte xx

Just shows again, its not what you say, its how you say it. He was right in a way (it being somebody's house etc), but he could have put it differently and help you come up with a solution (asking the owner etc.).

I believe people and businesses who give bad service should be named and shamed. Otherwise there is no way they will ever learn that their way is not the way to do it.

Archived