Adelaide's Newest Immigrant

Wodwik

I'm arriving on 27August, and have found a flat in Henley Beach so things are falling into place. I'll be consulting to a company once the visa is finalized, and commuting to NE suburbs. Looking forwrd to 'normal' driving practices.

The company has a stand at the Royal Adelaide Show (Not sure if it's allowed to mention the name...) but I hope to meet some ex-SAs there. My family is only joining me at the end of the school year, so it's going to be tough in one way and great that I can concentrate on work for 3 months.

As a Joburger I'm looking forward to being able to take a run on the beach road (without minibu taxis)

Wodwik.

We are arriving the 02/03 September 2011. Heard Henley Beach is a great place to live. We are down to counting days now, but this month is going by so damn slowly. Goodluck with that long ass flight.

welcome when you here - we live in Henley Beach ourselves and love it!

Enjoy the last few days in Joburg - exciting and difficult times ahead!

We stay in North/East in Ingle Farm and love it!

Shout if you guys need any advice etc - will be glad to be of assistance!

Welcome man. I arrived in March and lived here for 3 months before my wife came, so familiar with your position.

We live in the Eastern Subs just a short drive from the city and could not be happier.

Shout if you need advise or need wanna catch up for the RWC. A few good pubs in town focus on Rugby :-)

Happy days

Thanks for the replies guys - are Adelaideans always this friendly! Maybe I've been hiding behind big walls in Joburg too long. I will contact you by PM to discuss important things like Rugby, and lesser things like where the kids will go to school. Anyone keen on mountain biking? I will have to find a cheapie until my bike arrives in the container (Feb 2012!) so I will keep an eye on gumtree and visit local stores too.

Getting the last few things done before I start packing. Never realised how much there is to cancel: gym, tracker, insurances, telkom, SABC. But it certainly seems that the new credit act has made these service providers more willing to help you with the cancellation process.

See you guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome man. I arrived in March and lived here for 3 months before my wife came, so familiar with your position.

We live in the Eastern Subs just a short drive from the city and could not be happier.

Shout if you need advise or need wanna catch up for the RWC. A few good pubs in town focus on Rugby :-)

Happy days

Hi Etienne - Where is the RWC on. I don't have foxtel and apparently Rugby Union is not a recognised sport in SA!! Need to find somewhere for Friday evening.

Wodwik

• 4 weeks later...

Just joined this site and hope you've settled in and getting good Adelaidian welcomes! Henley Beach is a good spot to launch from:-)

Hi Etienne - Where is the RWC on. I don't have foxtel and apparently Rugby Union is not a recognised sport in SA!! Need to find somewhere for Friday evening.

Wodwik

Hi Wodwik,

You have probably tracked down a pub by now to watch the Rugby, if you are still looking Coopers Alehouse in the city has all the rugby with sound. I have found a few pubs only have it on the screen and don't play the sound. Very frustrating!!!

Really looking forward to the quarters this weekend. :)

Channel nine is showing all 4 games live this weekend!

Archived