Help! South Australia State Sponsorship

KarenHen

Hi there,

Would like some advice please. We are waiting to see if my OH occupation is on the new South Australia state list, it was before they closed their applications in May, he's a System Administrator. We applied to ACT for state sponsorship in May and got declined due to not having enough funds as all our money is tied up in our house. Would like to find out what the requirements are for South Australia? For ACT we had to do a Commitment Statement, cost of living, budget and everything. Do they require the same and would they accept the equity in your house to fund your move?

Our agent is going to get in touch once the states bring out their new lists, when that will be who knows. Hoping we're on South Australia's, not sure what other options there are for us.

I feel like my dream of living in Oz is so out of reach.

If anyone can answer my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Karen

Hi,

I suggest having a look at each of the state's lists. Someone I know had the same response from Victoria, but was accepted by another state - you can find the state lists by going to 176 state nominations and then going to each site and looking for the job sponsorship lists.

Have you also checked to see if the new point system that's in effect from the 1st July helps you, as you may be eligible for the 175 general skilled independent visa? If your husband has a degree, an ielts result of at least 8 overall, and 5-8 years working experience (65 points needed currently) then you should be able to apply without state nomination. You can find the points test here: Skilled migration points test

Good luck! Hope you get more replies soon.

Archived