"the Triple C"

MrsMupersan

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in creating a Canberra Coffee Club (The Triple C!) which meets on a monthly basis?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Triple C possible centrally located venues - what would be your first choice?

• Urban Food Store & Cafe - Acton
    • Gus's Cafe - Civic
    • Kingston Grind - Kingston
    • Cafe@Robbo's - Fyshwick
    • Other central location (please post an alternate option in the comments below).
  3. 3. What day of the week would you prefer?

• Saturday morning
    • Sunday morning
  4. 4. What time of the morning would you prefer?

Greetings fellow Canberrans!

Anyone keen to brave the cold one Saturday/Sunday morning a month for breakfast/coffee? Thought it might be nice to make it a regular thing. Then there's no obligation to RSVP and hassle about the small stuff. It'd be a standing invitation to breakfast/coffee once a month.

Forumites seem to be scattered all over Canberra, so I thought doing something centrally would be a good idea to allow as many people as possible to attend. As we know, you're never really much further than 15 minutes from the city at any point! LOL!

The intention here isn't to make it a strictly Saffers-only flag-waving event. If you want to bring an Aussie mate or your neighbour with, that would be great - the more the merrier. It's really a way to meet new people and broaden the circle a bit. (Just from my personal perspective, this is now our 3rd city we're calling home and it's not easy meeting new people.)

Would love a show of hands to see if people are interested.

Mrs Mupes

We will def be joining in these events as soon as we land in ACT (hopefully soon)

Enjoy :ilikeit:

T

Greetings fellow Canberrans!

Anyone keen to brave the cold one Saturday/Sunday morning a month for breakfast/coffee? Thought it might be nice to make it a regular thing. Then there's no obligation to RSVP and hassle about the small stuff. It'd be a standing invitation to breakfast/coffee once a month.

Forumites seem to be scattered all over Canberra, so I thought doing something centrally would be a good idea to allow as many people as possible to attend. As we know, you're never really much further than 15 minutes from the city at any point! LOL!

The intention here isn't to make it a strictly Saffers-only flag-waving event. If you want to bring an Aussie mate or your neighbour with, that would be great - the more the merrier. It's really a way to meet new people and broaden the circle a bit. (Just from my personal perspective, this is now our 3rd city we're calling home and it's not easy meeting new people.)

Would love a show of hands to see if people are interested.

Mrs Mupes

Hi your coffee club sounds like a great idea. We arrive in Canberra on 20 June and it would be so nice to be able to meet new people. Would I qualify being a Zimbo/Pom/wanbe Aussie??? LOL.

Karen

What a brilliant idea, we will definitely join you if this is still going next year.

We are still in the application process so it will be a while till we get there.

Keglin

Hi all,

I've updated the poll to include day & time preferences. If you've already voted, just click the "delete my vote" at the bottom and re-vote to include answers to the new questions.

Karen: ABSOLUTELY!!! :ilikeit: As I mentioned before, this isn't about waving the ZA flag - it's about meeting new people and widening our social circles.

So let's set the first one up then. The last weekend of the month with Sat/Sun, time & venue to be determined by majority vote on the poll.

If you know of other people who may want to come along and join us, drop them a mail or text to invite them.

Cheers,

Mrs Mupes

I am Keen, down in the Woden area so close to everywhere.

There is also the Harley Davidson Cafe in Fyshwick, its call Robbos

There is a nice place in Goldcreek, not sure what it`s called. But very nice brekies there

Thanks for that Cramer - have added Robbo's. Had a look at the website and it looks really good. Opens at 9am on Saturdays - not open Sundays though.

It's lovely out at Goldcreek, but not central.

Hi all,

Well, it seems that Sunday 26 June at 9.30am is the preferred date so far. Probably a good idea to lock that down as early as possible and we can confirm the venue closer to the time.

Really looking forward to meeting some of my neighbours. :ilikeit:

Mrs Mupes (Mandy)

Well, we're neck & neck between Kingston Grind & Robbos... :-) I'm trying to set up a FB group for The Triple C, so if you get a friend request from me (Mandy Wells) you'll know what it's for - I'll add a personal message to identify myself. If you'd like to join the FB group and I haven't been able to find you on a search, please just send me a friend request (also send personal message just so I know it's about the Triple C).

Okay, so I've just created a Facebook page for The Canberra Coffee Club: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Canberra-Coffee-Club/158431234224689?sk=wall

I've created the first event - woooohoooo!!! Please join and let me know what you think.

Okay, so I've just created a Facebook page for The Canberra Coffee Club: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Canberra-Coffee-Club/158431234224689?sk=wall

I've created the first event - woooohoooo!!! Please join and let me know what you think.

Thanks for the invite, both my hubby and I have "liked" the page and will see you there once we arrive in ACT

T

Excellent! Looking forward to meeting you. :-)

Any chance you could schedule any of the future events for a Saturday Arvo? We live in Yass and travel every day to Canberra. Sunday is the one day we try to stay home. Saturday the boys Footy in Canberra. Enjoy yr fisrt coffee club

Hi Deon / Louise

It would be great to be able to accommodate everyone. As you can see from the poll, it's an overwhelming majority for a Sunday morning.

The intention with this is that it isn't "organised" by me, but that it takes on a life of it's own. A regular day of the month (last Sunday), a regular time slot (9.30am Sunday) and perhaps a different central venue every month.

Hopefully you'll decide it's worth breaking your stay at home rule once a month so we can meet you all. :D

See ya later,

Mrs Mupes

The Triple C coffee clup is a fab idea. We understand from the poll that Sunday mornings suits most people, but could we suggest perhaps meeting once or twice on a Saturday or later on a Sunday. Sunday mornings 9:30 is in the middle of church time for us.

Thanks for taking the time to organize this.

Riana

Hi Riana

Hopefully a regular coffee club will take off. Once it's up and running, maybe we can have two a month - Last Sunday of the month + 2nd Saturday of the month.

But let's see if it takes off first... :D

Mandy

Don't forget the first Canberra Coffee Club happening this coming Sunday at 9.30am - the first one to be held at Kingston Grind in Kingston.

A show of hands would be great so we know what size table to grab when we arrive.

Don't forget the first Canberra Coffee Club happening this coming Sunday at 9.30am - the first one to be held at Kingston Grind in Kingston.

A show of hands would be great so we know what size table to grab when we arrive.

Hi Mandy,

My hubby, Patrick, our 2 sons and myself will be there. Look forward to meeting you.

Louise

Looking forward to it! :ilikeit:

Brilliant Cramer. Finally get to meet. :-)

What a winner!!! A morning coffee which turned into breakfast and went past lunch! Thanks all for coming along and making a beautiful Canberra morning so much fun.

Can't wait for the next one!

Excellent :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

So gld it went so well. We are looking forward to joining you early 2012.

T

Archived