Area Help Again Please?

K-Vdm

Hubby got offered a position with Merc in Angle Park :)

We are extremely happy, ecstatic - over the moon!!

Thing is we won't be able to stay in the South as I had hoped, he needs to be closer to work as he will be on standby and will need to be close enough to attend to call-outs..

Please give me suggestions on areas (with good schools and affordable, nice housing - around max $350 pw hopefully less)

Dankie - your assistance is greatly appreciated as always xx

Hi,

You time here in SA is almost something of the past... I am not very familiar with the north, as we are going to stay in the south. However, I have heard very nice things about Mawson Lakes (leafy area with nice parks), don't know about the schools there though.

Good luck!

Karen

x

Hi K, that's great news! Congrats! I'm also interested in hearing other opinions on the various areas as we are also scouting around.

At least now you have one less thing to worry about :ilikeit::):ilikeit:

B

xx

Hey Karina

Ek stel voor julle wag tot julle hier is en dan gaan kyk julle na die volgende areas in die noorde van Adelaide:

North and North Eastern suburbs: Athelstone, Campbelltown, Fairview park, Highbury, Mawson Lakes, Golden Grove, Prospect, Rostrevor, Semaphore (north coast) all nice suburbs.

'n Mens kry die "gevoel" van die area as jy daar deur ry en mens weet dadelik of jy daar gaan aard of nie. Kosbare inligting wat iemand reeds op die Forum gegee het, is om die plaaslike polisie stasie te besoek en te hoor hoe die area is.

Mawson Lakes is pragtig met baie nuwe huise ens, maar ek het nog nie eintlik iets van die skole daar gehoor nie. Huureiendom is ook nie vreeslik duur daar nie (oor die algemeen).

Sien julle oor 3 weke!!

My gevoel oor Athelstone, Highbury, Rostrevor: duur in vergelyking met die ander areas en vir $350.00 kry jy swak huise.

Mawson Lakes amper soos Irene golfestate of Midstream.

Daar is baie nuwe uitbreidings in die noorde waarna mens kan gaan kyk bv playford park. Golden Grove is ook 'n goeie area.

Hi there,

pity that you won't be able to stay down south. We settled in Christies Beach and we love it here. Started off in the next suburb. Apart from the disruption to the train line and the damned reversible freeway it's great! We are looking at buying in Port Noarlunga in the next 6 months and doing a renovation. Idea is to keep the kids in the good local schools and make some geld to buy a bigger house.

I hardly ever travel into town any more now the novelty has worn off. Don't really need to when everything is just a few k's away from wheere we live.

Hope that it all works out.

Cheers

Hi Karina

Got no idea of areas, just wanted to write to congratulate you both on your hubby's offer, atleast that eleviates allot of stress.

Regards

Thanks everyone for all the input and advice, going to look as much as I can beforehand but will decide (obviously) once we are there :-)

Really looking forward to seeing Adelaide and meeting new friends xx

Hi Karina !

Jong, ek hoop die mense wat langer in Adelaide is kan vir jou pointers gee oor hierdie buurte :

Baie naby aan Angle Vale :

Woodville Gardens,

Woodville North,

Ferryden park,

Pennington

Bietjie verder, maar binne 15min :

Blair Athol

Northfield

Clearview

Northgate

Oakden

Greenacres

Hampstead Gardens

Klemzig

Ek het nou ‘n jaar in Greenacres gebly, stil en rustige buurt.

Ek kannie se van skole in die area nie, ek het vriende wat ‘n dogtertjie in Hampstead Primary het, maar sy is nou eers ‘n paar weke daar, en lyk my hulle is gelukkig.

Groete

Cristel

Archived