A Botanical Adventure In The Adelaide Hills

aloevera

Adelaide is gorgeous right now - I have just discovered Mount Lofty Botanic Garden up in the Adelaide hills and have made exploring the garden a Sunday ritual :)

To quote from the garden pamphlet " Whether you are out for a leisury stroll or a more vigorous trek, there is always something new to discover at the Mount Lofty Botanic Garden. Meander along the multitude of paths that sprawl across 97 hectares - with a surprise awaiting you around every corner. Mount Lofty Botanic Garden is dedicated to the cultivation and display of the world's coolest climate plants, which thrive in the Adelaide Hills environment. Immerse yourself in their spectacular colour, rich aromas and amazing diversity."

For those of you from Cape Town who are missing your Kirstenbosch walks, I cannot recommend this garden with it's network of hillside gullies highly enough.

Have attached a pic taken 2 weeks ago in the garden with a view looking out toward the east....the autumn colours are breathtaking!

post-834-0-14600600-1305961845.jpg

Wow!! Beautiful! Will definitely put this on our itinerary! I must agree, Autumn in Adelaide is absolutely breathtaking!

Oh my gosh! It looks like a oil painting - it's absolutely stunning!!

Thanks for posting!

Oh my, I feel a longing nostalgia as if I should be there ~ just LOVE being out in nature and with all that beauty it must be a heavenly experience !!!

Alida - The garden instills a sense of nostalgia in me too (something I can't explain) - it has become my space for quiet reflection & contemplation :)

Stunning! Thanks for the post, I can't wait anymore! :ilikeit:

See everyone, Australia is not just miles of blue gums! I can't wait, except I'll be getting there in the dead of winter. In fact, one difference I noticed is that Oz has a proper ecosystem around gum trees. I got out the car on a back road in the hills an noticed all sorts of crickets, birds and other goggas in the forests.

Hi "Aloevera"

Have you entered the Mount Lofty Botanic Gardens through the "bottom" entrance, at the lower end where the dam is - on the Picadilly side :):)??

Beautiful part of the Adelaide Hills and so stunningly beautiful at this time of the year.

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Manny

I catch the bus from the city - and then hop on the connecting bus from the 'park and ride' so I enter at the top entrance.

However, I leave through the bottom entrance and walk back all along the road to the bus stop back to town...it's about a 30 min walk.

It is indeed a beautiful area, I especially like the road leading off the bottom entrance with it's pretty houses and gardens...

Attached is pic of part of a lovely little cottage and garden near the bottom entrance of the Botanic Garden.

post-834-0-09389700-1306272993.jpg

I so want to see it for myself! Almost will. That is really beautifull.

The Adelaide Hills . . . . . . it takes a lot of beating to get a prettier spot than here, especially at this time of the year!

It's stunning right now with all the rain we had during summer!

We passed through there last week on our way to the Gorge (koala time!)

Plenty of great scenery and places to visit, and it's safe!

Archived