Moving To Adelaide

Danie

Hi all,

It is now 'official', we are moving to Adelaide. I have accepted a offer from my current employer in out Adelaide office and will start working there at end of May. The family will finish the school term and follow down in July.

We went for a LSD & interview early May and were both happy with what the work will offer and the offering from Adelaide as a whole. We don't have a suburb of choice but at this stage look like just south of the city. We visited a couple of schools during our visit and even the kids are looking forward to the move.

A big change for us will be the weather, we are looking forward to 4 seasons & proper winter. We lived in hot & wet places the last 9 years (Richards Bay, Gladstone QLD and currently in Darwin NT) it seems to be only a slight change in wetness not real spring or autumn.

Looking forward seeing the people around the traps!

D B)

Hi all,

It is now 'official', we are moving to Adelaide. I have accepted a offer from my current employer in out Adelaide office and will start working there at end of May. The family will finish the school term and follow down in July.

We went for a LSD & interview early May and were both happy with what the work will offer and the offering from Adelaide as a whole. We don't have a suburb of choice but at this stage look like just south of the city. We visited a couple of schools during our visit and even the kids are looking forward to the move.

A big change for us will be the weather, we are looking forward to 4 seasons & proper winter. We lived in hot & wet places the last 9 years (Richards Bay, Gladstone QLD and currently in Darwin NT) it seems to be only a slight change in wetness not real spring or autumn.

D B)

Hi,

We also have had our visa granted, but will only move over in December 2011. What ages are your children? Which schools have you visited? We are planning on settling in Happy Valley,Reynella East of Woodcroft.

What kind of work do you do?

Karen

Hi Karen,

My kids are big and in grade 4 & 10. We have not settled on a suburb, but probably closer to the city also on south side. For the big kid we have applied at Concordia and the little one St.Josephs.

I work at a consulting/engineering firm as a Project Manager.

You guys?

D B)

Lovely - good luck with the move, I am sure all will go well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Wow time has flown, today is my last working day in Darwin!

Couple of things to do & sort out today & tomorrow, then flying on Sunday for a fresh start on Monday.

Looking forward to this!

D B)

Great stuff! See ya in Adelaide soon!

Sien jou binnekort in Adelaide, Danie. Sterkte met die laaste reelings. Ons is al 9 maande hier in Adelaide.

Hi all,

D B)

Hallo

We lived in Pretoria, Richards Bay, Witbank, Port Elizabeth and now Pretoria again. PR has been approved on 31/5, so we are currently busy with documents this side. Hopefully we will move in DEC to Adelaide. Hope we can keep contact. oppad2011, Gerhard

Hi,

We also have had our visa granted, but will only move over in December 2011. What ages are your children? Which schools have you visited? We are planning on settling in Happy Valley,Reynella East of Woodcroft.

What kind of work do you do?

Karen

Hallo

So glad we are not alone in moving over December 2011 to Adelaide. Actually no idea where in Adelaide. Our daughter is busy with gr12 this year and my son in gr10, both looking forward to move. PR approved getting documents ready this side. oppad2011

Gerhard

Sien jou binnekort in Adelaide, Danie. Sterkte met die laaste reelings. Ons is al 9 maande hier in Adelaide.

HI UIT "N KOU PRETORIA.

HET 9 JAAR IN PE GEBLY, NOU PRETORIANERS. VERHUIS DESEMBER ADELAIDE TOE. HET POS VIR JOU GESTUUR! ONS SOEK RAAD EN HULP!

GERHARD

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

D B)

Hello Danie, I just got a job offer to move down to Adelaide from Melbourne, Where were you guys first based before Adelaide and how do you find Adelaide, I have two kids in school, a girl in year 7 next year and a boy in year 1 next year, where did you guys settle as fas suburb goes and how is the schools there. What are the "nicer" suburbs to look at. Please advise and any other advise will be greatly appreciated

Gamo

Archived