What Dont You Like About Australia

Bevmac

I dont like the fact that 95% of my clients think i am from New Zealand :lol:

I can count the amount of people who got it right, first time on one hand and we

been here almost 1 year!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about Australia ....

on the negative ... compared SA .....

NOTHING ..... thumbdown.gif

On the positive ... compared to SA

EVERYTHING .... thumbup.gif

LOVE IT OR LEAVE..... thats my 2 cents ....

Well said..... you took the words right out of my mouth, good on ya mate :ilikeit:

I dont like that the only sport that gets reported on in the media is footy. I admit I am not a huge cricket fan, but I didnt even know that the world Cup was playing at the moment till I read on facebook a few moments ago someone saying that South Africa was out of the cup. :blush:

Well said..... you took the words right out of my mouth, good on ya mate :ilikeit:

I honestly dont understand the FI or FO attitidude. I love Australia. It has been better to me and my family in the last 3 years than South Africa was in the past 14 years. But does that now mean that no one is allowed to express a dislike of something in Australia? If I dislike something must I keep quiet for fear of being told "love it or leave it". For example on Tuesday I was accosted by a homeless drug addict who was very aggressive and frighteining to me. The encounter left me quiet shaken and unable to sleep all night. That was the third encoutner with an aggressive homeless addict person in the past month who demanded that I help him with food and money. Must I now say I love that experience or should I leave Australia because I dont like it? I live in Mandurah and the local press reports at least once a month on the police discovering a Meth drug laboratory in a house in the suburb in which I live. I am not kidding - at least one a month. Am I not allowed to not like that? Should I leave because I dont like drugs. Dont get me wrong, I love that the police are finding them but I dont like that there are so many. or maybe I need to make some comparison to South Africa's drug problem to make me feel better about the problem in Australia.

Another drug lab shut down by police

The number of drug labs uncovered in the metropolitan area has increased in the last three years with close to 30 already discovered since January.

Lol Jordy I would move out of Mandurah - been here 2 years, never been harrassed by anybody...

Things that annoy me is the way people drive on carparks, no one wants for anyone who is reversing out, people just speed on by right behind you, nearly had heaps of accidents in mall parking lots.

I dont like how the teenagers make chaos in the malls and have to get asked to leave ny security.

For me I have battled to get work in Perth, finally got a job and now we are told there are too many people for the store and some wont have a job in a couple of weeks so for me the job situation in oz has been annoying.

I dont like the flies and this year,the extreme and prolonged heat in Perth. Otherwise, we are just so thankful for the oppurtunities this country gave us when we did not feel welcome in our country of birth any longer!

I am the first person to say "if you don't like it, leave" but the title of this thread is asking what people don't like. Some of us just have a longer list than others. Mine is short...

The trolleys. Please tell me why they were made that way???

Medibank. Worst service ever, aside from the handful of very helpful people I have dealt with.

My hubby would definitely complain about the speed limits but when I see kids running across the road with no concern for safety I am quite thankful for them because one day my little boy will be one of them.

I dont like the fact that 95% of my clients think i am from New Zealand :lol:

I can count the amount of people who got it right, first time on one hand and we

been here almost 1 year!

Really? They seem to get it right every time with me!

about Australia ....

on the negative ... compared SA .....

NOTHING ..... thumbdown.gif

On the positive ... compared to SA

EVERYTHING .... thumbup.gif

LOVE IT OR LEAVE..... thats my 2 cents ....

+1

The trolleys. Please tell me why they were made that way???

Efficiency. They make them so that all four wheels turn because it makes it easier for the trolley collector to control a long snake of trolleys that are slotted together. Means you only have to have one trolley collector, rather than 5 trolley collectors doing one's job.

Really? They seem to get it right every time with me!

Really - think it must be my mixture of South African and British that knocks them off :lol:

Efficiency. They make them so that all four wheels turn because it makes it easier for the trolley collector to control a long snake of trolleys that are slotted together. Means you only have to have one trolley collector, rather than 5 trolley collectors doing one's job.

Good point Hansa.

I really cant see why RSA people complain about the trolleys, I did not even notice the difference until I read about them on this very site. BUT, you can do the coolest stuff with Aussie trolleys. *When you are in a parking garage again or somewhere with smooth floors, preferably with no cars around, and this works so much better with a small child in the little seat. As you push it forward, give the whole trolley a spin so that it spirals out in front of you. My 15month old cant stop laughing. Wish my mom had access to such a cool trolley when I was a kid. Maybe my husband and I should go down to the shops after hours and play with the trolleys. Will try and get it on my phone next time and post it. :lol:

With regard to ugly houses, I think it depends on where you are looking. The closer to the city, usually the older they are. The further out you go, the more modern and nicer looking they are.

Out our way there are some stunning homes.

The ugly ass expensive houses!

I read a news article today that said the house prices in all major Aus cities (with Perth being the exception) are now so expensive that first time buyers can no longer buy them. So unless you are able to put down a sizable deposit with your South African proceeds you will be renting the rest of your life. :thumbdown:

As you push it forward, give the whole trolley a spin so that it spirals out in front of you. My 15month old cant stop laughing. Wish my mom had access to such a cool trolley when I was a kid. Maybe my husband and I should go down to the shops after hours and play with the trolleys. Will try and get it on my phone next time and post it. :lol:

Very good point, kids love the swivel of the trolleys. :ilikeit:

Baby Bonuses

If there is one thing I could take away, then that would be it.

Monica

Party political broadcasts- where they say what they have to and then a voice at the end speeds up and says ' this advert was spoken by blah blah blah" with an increasingly chipmunk like voiceover.

I hate it to come driving around a corner and there is a car parked like RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DRIVING LANE! And they are allowed to park there. Even in peak traffic in busy streets, you find cars parked next to the curb and all the driving cars are forced into the next lane. I mean they really have such strict traffic rules but this is soooo much more dangerous.

The difference between South African houses and .... the rest of the world really, is that we are used to living in modern, newer homes (in South Africa). The sad reason for that is that as the poorer people began moving into the towns the whites (call a spade a spade) moved out and built new suburbs as they fled. The result was that few whites are left living in the old town centres. An example is Jhb, Hilbrow used to be a desireable wealthy area, as the slums moved in the whites moved out to Aukland Park and Rosebank. They built new homes and shopping centres, then the poor people moved in following the jobs and these areas began deteriorating. Sandton became the next big developement and then it was Fourways and so on.

Think about it who would want to live in a city centre or town centre in South Africa. I come from Springs and when we left SA the town centre was as bad as Hilbrow and nearly just as dangerous.

In the rest of the world it is quite desireable and practical to live near the city or town centre and these places have houses that might be very old and unfashionable.

Australia offers many more building methods and materials than South Africa. In some places you can go into a huge yard and buy a second hand or even a new house and have it delivered the next day. You can take a walk through the various house and choose the one you want. You can custom build a kit home on the internet and have it delivered in a month or two. You can order a kit home and build it yourself. There are fibro homes and homes with corrugated iron walls and even clay walls.

There are many options and living in town in an ugly ass old house in walking distance to work and shops is one that South Africa does not offer.

Baby Bonuses

If there is one thing I could take away, then that would be it.

Monica

I SO AGREE with this Monica - I have seen HUGE families and the parents don't look older than 25!!!

Its one thing to promote a bigger Australia but another to pay people to have children, especially when

most of them are not even ready for it.

Totally agree! We are very spoiled with nice, architecturally designed, unique houses in SA. Houses in Aus all seem the same to me.

The difference between South African houses and .... the rest of the world really, is that we are used to living in modern, newer homes (in South Africa). The sad reason for that is that as the poorer people began moving into the towns the whites (call a spade a spade) moved out and built new suburbs as they fled. The result was that few whites are left living in the old town centres. An example is Jhb, Hilbrow used to be a desireable wealthy area, as the slums moved in the whites moved out to Aukland Park and Rosebank. They built new homes and shopping centres, then the poor people moved in following the jobs and these areas began deteriorating. Sandton became the next big developement and then it was Fourways and so on.

Think about it who would want to live in a city centre or town centre in South Africa. I come from Springs and when we left SA the town centre was as bad as Hilbrow and nearly just as dangerous.

In the rest of the world it is quite desireable and practical to live near the city or town centre and these places have houses that might be very old and unfashionable.

Australia offers many more building methods and materials than South Africa. In some places you can go into a huge yard and buy a second hand or even a new house and have it delivered the next day. You can take a walk through the various house and choose the one you want. You can custom build a kit home on the internet and have it delivered in a month or two. You can order a kit home and build it yourself. There are fibro homes and homes with corrugated iron walls and even clay walls.

There are many options and living in town in an ugly ass old house in walking distance to work and shops is one that South Africa does not offer.

100% spot on. I can't add any more to this post.

My dislikes:

1. Being far away from, and missing friends and family.

2. The heat and humidity.

3. Airliners flying low over our neghbourhood at 5am almost everyday. Can't remember when last I was able to snooze on a saturday morning.

4. "Cardboard" houses.

5. High cost of living.

In the workplaces I've been, I found things here to be a bit "agter die tyd". There are better ways/technology, but it won't be used. I heard other peole say the same thing.

Obviously Aus is lightyears ahead of SA when it comes to infrastructure. The city council works very well and effective.

Roads are good, and people drive courteous.

My dislikes:

2. The heat and humidity.

3. Airliners flying low over our neghbourhood at 5am almost everyday. Can't remember when last I was able to snooze on a saturday morning.

4. "Cardboard" houses.

Well that's your choice living in an area where planes are flying over, and also your choice living in a state where heat and humidity is high, that's not Australia's fault.

Gosh, there are some real whinges here.

Don't like the young culture of Austalia

Where you can have kids when your are still a teenager and getting paid for it....

You have to be checked into rehab at least once....

No manners at all......doesn't greet at all...

Binch drinking at parties......

Don't have to take responsibility....

Always an excuse for everything in life.....

The time it take to become a grownup ........

You can spunge from the government on the dall as long as you want.....

AND SO ON....AND SO ON...

Conclusion Aus is no place for a youngster to grow up....he/she will most likely be pulled downwards than upwards......and if he/she is not strong ....they won't recover from it

Don't like the young culture of Austalia

Where you can have kids when your are still a teenager and getting paid for it....

You have to be checked into rehab at least once....

No manners at all......doesn't greet at all...

Binch drinking at parties......

Don't have to take responsibility....

Always an excuse for everything in life.....

The time it take to become a grownup ........

You can spunge from the government on the dall as long as you want.....

AND SO ON....AND SO ON...

Conclusion Aus is no place for a youngster to grow up....he/she will most likely be pulled downwards than upwards......and if he/she is not strong ....they won't recover from it

What a load of nonsense, I am still in contact with many friends and family in SA, and there are lots of teenage pregnancies there, also teenage binge drinking parties, these things are NOT only isolated incidents happening in Australia.

I find your comments ridiculous :thumbdown:

Archived