Malaysia Airlines

WaltAM

How many people was this quote for adults/children??

1 x adult and 1 x child

Welcome, if I may add my 2 cents worth. Have you tried IOM? They in JHB and there details are on the www.imm.gov.au website. They arrange cheap airfares for immigrants. We are heading back to CPT at the end of the year for a visit and I have been looking at all the Major Airlines like, SAA/Qantas, Singapore, Malaysia, Emirates, Ethad, etc. I found Malaysia airlines to be the cheapest at the moment.

Do your self a favour and check for return flights to Brisbane with all the major airlines. This might be your cheapest option. You dont have to use the return trip.

Thanks for all the feedback and input.

I am currently leaning more towards Malaysia Airlines, can get 2 one way tickets (1xadult, 1xchild) for about R10700. Singapore is quoting me over R14000 for the same. What I am liking with Malaysia currently is that there is only change of plane in KL (no changes in Jhb). And, because it is Malaysia all the way to Brisbane, I am sure they will be able to book the luggage all the way through - anybody know about that? All this will make it easier for hubby and son.

Welcome, if I may add my 2 cents worth. Have you tried IOM? They in JHB and there details are on the www.imm.gov.au website. They arrange cheap airfares for immigrants. We are heading back to CPT at the end of the year for a visit and I have been looking at all the Major Airlines like, SAA/Qantas, Singapore, Malaysia, Emirates, Ethad, etc. I found Malaysia airlines to be the cheapest at the moment.

Do your self a favour and check for return flights to Brisbane with all the major airlines. This might be your cheapest option. You dont have to use the return trip.

RFAXIZ, if you read the thread you'll see that WALTam has already checked out IOM and they were not the cheapest (not even close). Also, the link that you posted to the IOM website does not work.

Hi Just to add my two cents worth. We have just flown the Malaysia Airlines route to Brisbane via Kuala Lumpar. Found them very good on the first stretch and 2nd stretch but the 2nd leg KL to Bris had awful food and a smaller plane which had no individual screens so it was 9 odd hours without entertainment. Of course we had to do that on the ifrst leg too because our little girls get disturbed by "baddies" in movies and all of them had baddies :P But having flown Singapore and Cathay Pacific to NZ on 2 other occassions they came up on a par with Singapore and way ahead of Cathay. They definitely felt more spacious! Of course 24 hours travel with 2 small children is not actually FUN but we didn't have to resrt to any drastic measures or even drug anyone :P

Happy travels

Bron

Hi Just to add my two cents worth. We have just flown the Malaysia Airlines route to Brisbane via Kuala Lumpar. Found them very good on the first stretch and 2nd stretch but the 2nd leg KL to Bris had awful food and a smaller plane which had no individual screens so it was 9 odd hours without entertainment. Of course we had to do that on the ifrst leg too because our little girls get disturbed by "baddies" in movies and all of them had baddies :P But having flown Singapore and Cathay Pacific to NZ on 2 other occassions they came up on a par with Singapore and way ahead of Cathay. They definitely felt more spacious! Of course 24 hours travel with 2 small children is not actually FUN but we didn't have to resrt to any drastic measures or even drug anyone :P

Happy travels

Bron

Thank you so much for the feedabck!! :ilikeit:

Sets my mind at ease since they will be flying out from CT in a couple of hours time, and arrive tomorrow evening in BNE. We can't wait....!!!!! :)

Archived