Who Is Living In Redlands Bay, Thornlands, Cleveland

HouseInOz

We are STILL looking to buy a house and am now considering somewhere CLOSER to the Bay area, for access to a beach and the Gold Coast, parks. We have a chance and know a bit more of Brisbane and might consider moving accross the City, to enhance our lifestyle. I need your feedback please people!! ( I have often given advice to people over the phone, interested in moving to Brissy etc. Now I would love for you to perhaps return the favour :))

We are living in Wakerley, near Manly and the Bayside, and I know quite a lot of South Africans living in Cleveland and all the areas near the Bayside. There are also a few of us in Wakerley. I love living here, it is a beautiful area and you are still near the city and everything you need. We go to Citipointe Church in Carindale where there is also a lot of South Africans. We have made up our mind that we will buy in one of the bayside areas - won't even consider anywhere else.

Good luck with your decision!!

Daleen

we live in Victoria Point and hubby works in the city, he travels 40 km everyday but we just couldnt live

anywhere else, we love it here, its country living with a twist of a small city feel.

We re now quite serious and spending a lot of time researching, visiting schools and open days!!

I would love to hear your opinions of Good Private schools (for year 8 and up) and good state/catholic schools.

We are quite keen on Wellington Point, Wakerley, Manley and Wynnum due to it still being close to work(Milton) for hubby.

Oh and I wanted to ask about the medical facilities (private hospitals) and dear Mr Coles/Woolworths

Is shopping a schlepp

What about commuting from these areas to the city

Christian Outreach College (part of Brisbane Citipointe Church) is a very good school and from Year 1 up to Year 12 and also Christian Heritage College (which is like a Uni). My twins are studying Education and Business at Christian Heritage College this year and my brothers daughter is at Christian Outreach College. I can really recommend them - you can have a look on their website. There is also quite a few South Africans there and they do a lot to help them to feel at ease. We also attend church their and again, I think, this was our lifeline when we arrived.

We are in Wakerley and the Woolworths is down the road - only 2 kms from us. Shopping is easy - if you want the bigger shopping centres you can go to Westfield Carindale or Capalaba. Wynnum Plaza is also just around the corner. I love the atmosphere here and the bay and all the shops around the bay - it is also lovely to picnic at Manly next to the bay.

The trains are a good option for public transport and you can get them at Manly Station or Lota or Morningside if you want to go a bit further - there is a bigger carpark at Morningside but I prefer Manly.

Hope this helps!!

Daleen

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with the house hunting! Not an easy task.

Hope you find the home of your dreams!

Archived