Coffee Club For All In Kzn

Orion25

Hi all,

I am new... I would love to come to your next coffee club. I am very familiar with Piggly Wiggly in Kloof and it is a great venue.

What do you guys talk about? Can I get some advise and ask many questions :-)ha!

keep me posted on where you are meeting next. Thanks a mil

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I am new... I would love to come to your next coffee club. I am very familiar with Piggly Wiggly in Kloof and it is a great venue.

What do you guys talk about? Can I get some advise and ask many questions :-)ha!

Hi Heidi

Welcome and I am sure I speak for all when I say it will be great to have you join us on the 2nd. Dont worry I am a "Newbie" too but been on the forum a while.

You will soon realise the falue of this forum and how many of us walk the same hard path through this long and sometimes painfull experiance. So I am pretty certain that on the 2nd there will be a lot to talk about.

From my experiance you will be asking a lot of questions so dont worry we wont bite as away. :D

Regards

Danie

Hi all,

Hi Heidi,

Welcome, welcome, welcome :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Yes we discuss all sorts at the coffee clubs, and all questions are welcome. We are looking forward to having you join us. Will you be alone or bringing a partner? This is for booking purposes.

Thanks

T

YOu guys dont perhaps think we should make ourselves name badges ? just very basic , a piece of paper and apin ?

YOu guys dont perhaps think we should make ourselves name badges ? just very basic , a piece of paper and apin ?

Good idea Mikimont :ilikeit:

I will bring a roll of those white stickers and we can write our names on and stick them to us. Lol we are going to have a ball. :lol:

T

Edite: My spelling these days really sux :blush:

Good idea Mikimont :ilikeit:

I will bring a roll of those white stickers and we can write our names on and stick them to us. Lol we are going to have a ball. :lol:

T

Edite: My spelling these days really sux :blush:

Wow our coffee club has expanded :ilikeit: Welcome to all the new families! Bring all your questions guys, some of us dinasours could probably open up a emigration office with the amount of knowledge we have gathered over the years....

See you all in a few weeks.

Gwyn

We will be with you guys at heart... Unfortunately, we are saying our good-byes in JHB on the 2nd, so cannot make it.

My 2 cents: If you can get there, DO IT! It is a clan of awesome people who are all in the same boat and can share ideas and experiences together... it is a great experience with great people.

Hey Jack,

Goodluck and have a safe trip! We will hear on Wednesday next week when we will be allocated our CO :ilikeit: Please contact us when you have settled and let us know how you and your family are doing. Will be great to keep in contact so we can hook up when we get there.

We will have a coffee for you guys on the 2nd.. :D

Gwyn

Enjoy the chat and sharing all your experiences... Looks like a good-sized meet with dino's and newbies again... Gwyn, good on you for the CO... Will keep toes crossed for you! Keep us in the loop and we'll definately have a cuppa in Brissy when you get there. It's been an interesting month for us, whilst we tidy down for the move in April. Good luck to you all... Pull that universe!!

Hi All,

So here is our list so far, I will be booking this week so please if anyone one else wants to join please please please they will not mind if we have a few extra, so do not stay away let me know and we will gladly add you to the list right up until the 2 April. No problem.

Orion 25 = 2 adults & 3 kids

Short & Tall = 2 adults

Danie V.H = 2 adults & 2 kids

Mikimont = 2 adults

Apollo = 2 Adults & 1 child

Gwyn = 2 Adults

Sharon = 1 Adult

Flockie = 2 Adults & 2 kids

Marle = 2 Adults

Heidi = 1 Adult

So to summarise 18 adults & 8 kids.

I am so looking forward to this day. :ilikeit:

T

Hi All,

Help needed, is there any other place we can go as Piggly Wiggly is full and cannot accommodate us.

ALL suggesstions welcome.

Please as we are now stuck.

T

Places I have seen mentioned in the past

Yellowwood Tree cafe in Howick

The other Piggly Wiggly on the Midlands Meander

The botanical gardens in PMB (they have a cafe or there is also the potential to take picnics)

I need to get out more that is all I can think of of the top of my head!

What about the following day - or weekend if people would prefer to go there?

HI Short & Tall,

We will look into these, I don not really think that changing dates is such a good idea as it is only 2 weeks away and we have all planned accordingly.

I'm sure we will find a place that will suit us all.

I for one CANNOT wait for this meeting :lol:

It is so good to meet with people headed for a common goal :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

T

Hi. Totally new here. From Scottburgh and the only place I know in the Kloof area is Stokers Arms. It has big tables and an area for the kids to run wild.

Hi. Totally new here. From Scottburgh and the only place I know in the Kloof area is Stokers Arms. It has big tables and an area for the kids to run wild.

HI Johnn,

Thanks for this, yiu are the second person in as many days to reccommend this place so I will call them today and see if they accommodate us.

Welcome to the forum and please feel free to join us and bring your family if you have.

@ everyone I will confirm the venue by latest 3pm today and will PM as well as post for thse of you that do not visit our forum daily :blink:

T

:D:ilikeit: :ilikeit: HI All,

Thaks to Gwyn & Mikimont for offers to use your homes but we have now got a neutral venue with apparrently a great play area for the kids.

Stokers Arms (old Kloof Railway Station)

Phone: +27 31 7646706

Fax: Not Known

E-mail: Not Known

Kloof

Durban

KwaZulu-Natal

South Africa

Latitude/Longitude: Not Known

http://www.surprisedelight.co.za/mealfor2/restaurants/kzn/stokers-arms.html

http://wcities.com/durban/restaurants/poi-stoker-s-arms-214556.html

I have booked for 18 Adults and 8 Kids however I have warned them that we could be more and they have no problem with that. The booking us under Coffee Club, so when you arrive you will know where to go.

The guy I delat with was Justin and he was extremely helpfull. I will look for more detils and directions and post them here too. I will PM everyone too.

Have a fabulous fortnight and see you the Stokers Arms Kloof 12.30 or as soon as you can make it :ilikeit:

T

Edited :D : adding links for you

Hi Orion25,

Sounds good to me, we'll see you at Stokers on the 2nd. :ilikeit:

Gwyn

:holy:

bugger .. i was going to use the kids to clean our garden ;) (joke)

That will for us too , see you all then :ilikeit:

Thanks Orion

Really pleased I can ask for the Coffee Club this time Hehe!

There was a fax and email on one of the links

Fax +27 31 764 4144

Email stokers@mitchellandco.co.za

and I saw some good directions on this site - it seems to be next to the Umgeni railway

http://www.umgenisteamrailway.co.za/Directions_Kloof.php

Thanks for organising all this T

Looking forward to it

Hi all,

All this talk is now making me home sick, as I lived just up the road from Stokers, very good venue but can get rather busy on a Saturday arvi but good choice. I only went to 2 meet ups in Durbs, but really was good to speak to people in the same boat and get everyones ideas and advice. Hope you all enjoy it, have one for me.

Been here in Perth for 10 months now and loving it, you do get over that stress and worry quite quickly once you have arrived this side just takes alot out of you to get here.

Cheers and once again enjoy.

Tania ? I have a HUGE problem :( ..... is there going to be a tv ? im a cricket fanatic .. if our boys are playing .. eish ....

I can multitask ... :ilikeit: LOL

HI Carol,

From what I understand there is a TV, but I think the Rugby will eventually take preference over the cricket, but we will have to wait and see :blush:

@ LisaS, we will think of you as well as all our other Forum Friends that have left us on the wrong side of the earth.

T

Hi All,

For those of you who I have not seen comment on the changes I have PM'd you all re the coffee club, Gwyn, Mikimont you were not on that list.

So looking forward to seeing you all there. :ilikeit:

Tyd raak min. :whome:

T

""HI Carol,

From what I understand there is a TV, but I think the Rugby will eventually take preference over the cricket, but we will have to wait and see

""

Humph ... :holy:

Archived