Gisborne

Oryx

I just found a possible Montessori School in Gisborne. But it looks a bit far away! I do love the size of the plots and the affordability of accommodation though.

I'm just not sure I want to spend 3 hours a day on the train into and out of melbourne....

Hi Oryx

Gisborne is about 15 minutes, by car, further north of Sunbury. From Sunbury the train takes 35mins to Melbourne, so not sure how long it will be from Gisborne. It is a lovely little country town, friendly people and affordable accommodation. Could you perhaps live in Sunbury and take your child to school in Giborne?

If you need further info, I am happy to help. I have lived in Sunbury for around six years now.

Hi OryxGisborne is about 15 minutes, by car, further north of Sunbury. From Sunbury the train takes 35mins to Melbourne, so not sure how long it will be from Gisborne. It is a lovely little country town, friendly people and affordable accommodation. Could you perhaps live in Sunbury and take your child to school in Giborne?If you need further info, I am happy to help. I have lived in Sunbury for around six years now.

Thanks Mara

My wife just loves the school in Gisborne (from the web info anyway) and I would love to stay that far out of the city.

Even Sunbury would do by the sound of it.

I used the metlink website to check travelling times from the school to Flagstaff Station (as I believe my offices would be close to there) and then it ives me the following travelling time of about 1 h 40 minutes!

From Sunbury Station it would be about 45 minutes according to the website.I have included the links below.

Not sure if it will pull through with the details I entered:

School to Flagstaff

Sunbury to Flagstaff

Hi Oryx

No, the links were not there.

To be honest, if it was me, I would prefer to live in Sunbury, it is just that little bit bigger with regard to facilities and shopping. Of course, the travel time is less as well.

I would be happy to show you around, if you wish.

Hi Oryx

No, the links were not there.

To be honest, if it was me, I would prefer to live in Sunbury, it is just that little bit bigger with regard to facilities and shopping. Of course, the travel time is less as well.

I would be happy to show you around, if you wish.

Thanks Mara

We would most probably come that way to have a look at the school. And if it turns out to be the best one, we will just have to make a plan. It would be great to meet up for you to show us around. Thanks for the offer. Will keep you informed. Depending on when I get my my written job offer (have a verbal one) we will either arrive on the 13th of March or the 22nd.

Oryx, I just tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full, perhaps you may want to clear it out?

Oryx, I just tried to send you a PM, but your inbox is full, perhaps you may want to clear it out?

Sorry! :) It is now clear :blush:

I have sent you that PM now!

Archived