Eight Mile Plains

PieterK

I have received a job offer in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, that I am seriously considering. I was hoping someone could provide some info about the area, (I know it is about 15km south of the Brisbane CBD, but very little else), what are good areas for a single bachelor to rent in the area, etc.?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Look at websites such as http://www.suburbview.com or http://www.brisbanesuburbs.com.au/ or look on http://localvoices.realestate.com.au/forums/ (here you get the LOCALS to give feedback.

Good luck!!

Rule of thumb - work and live on the same side of the river

I have received a job offer in Eight Mile Plains, Brisbane, that I am seriously considering. I was hoping someone could provide some info about the area, (I know it is about 15km south of the Brisbane CBD, but very little else), what are good areas for a single bachelor to rent in the area, etc.?

Hey, the closer to the CBD of Brisbane, the dearer the rent will be at the end of the day. And you want to be looking at a place that is close to a train station and big shopping center. Areas not to bad with rent you can try looking in Underwood, Sherwood, Runcorn and possibly places on the other side of the pacific motorway. Just jump on google maps, and use the get directions tab and type in places like these and the area you wil be working, and you'l see how long it would take you to drive to work. Underwood and Sherwood are quite nice areas with everything in close proximity and only a 10min drive to Eight mile plains. Have a look on 'gumtree.com.au' or 'realestate.com.au' for some places to rent. You want to be looking at paying around $200-250 for a nice and stil quite modern place as a shared accomodation, otherwise a flat to rent you would be looking at $300-$400. Hope this helps, goodluck with all the arrangements.

It depends what you are used to and what you can afford, and how far you are willing to travel. If you are renting just take a 6 month lease so if you dont like the rental you dont have to worry about breaking the lease. Let me know if you come across a place online that you like and I can give you my opinion on the area.

Thanks for all the comments guys. Veronique, I'll be sure to take you up on that offer, just let me know if I start to bother you too much!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, turns out I won't be going after all. Thanks for all the replies guys.

Archived