Eva in Towoomba

MannyT

75% of the State of Queensland has now been declared a Disaster Area. To put this in perspective; Queensland is Australia's second largest state measuring more than 1.72 million square km; 25% of Australia's land mass; it is four times the size of Japan, nearly seven times the size of the UK and more than twice the size of Texas in the US, larger than South Africa, more than twice the size of Pakistan. If the State of Queensland was a country, it would rank as the 25th largest in the world; in between Libya and Iran...... this is NOT a small flood or localised event.

Jackie (javajacky) - i hope to hear back from you soon my friend, i hope you are ok, this is so devastating

The irony of all this is that this is Australia, and anyone coming from overseas to live here needs to accept that floods and fire are a part of everyday life for millions of Australians.

While I was helping my son working in his mechanical workshop, the owner of the shop nearby came in to say that one woman from Western Australia, just south of Perth was trapped in Queensland by floods unable to get home to her house which was burning down in a bushfire in W.A.

While I was helping my son working in his mechanical workshop, the owner of the shop nearby came in to say that one woman from Western Australia, just south of Perth was trapped in Queensland by floods unable to get home to her house which was burning down in a bushfire in W.A.

The irony of all this is that this is Australia, and anyone coming from overseas to live here needs to accept that floods and fire are a part of everyday life for millions of Australians.

Oh no! That is too much to handle Bob.... :ilikeit: my heart is so sore thinking what that lady must have gone through - and all the families affected! I am glued to the news watching this unfold. God bless all in this crisis!

X

Archived