:ilikeit: Newbie

Kleintjie

Hi all

ok, where do I start...

My husband talked to me about immigrating and decided to do it in 2007.

We waited for one of his previous employers to put his reference in "aussie" style for almost a year!

We did our IELTS test successfully on 26 July 2008.

He did his trade skills assessment successful on 30 September 2008.

We lodged through an agent end 24 February 2009 for a Skilled – Independent (subclass 175) visa.

In the mean time he approached a few companies in Australia.

A company gave him an offer this week, my husband want to sign it in the new year because the Managing Director is now on leave.

The company will assist in our application for a 457 visa.

We did not research the 457 visa at all and I am a bit scared, what is the pro's and con's of doing it this way around and is it allowed for our 175 to go on?

If we are in Australia what would the procedures be to get our PR the quickest?

Why would a 457 be denied? Any other thoughts please post it, anything to clear things up please. If there is someone who knows Townsville can you please advise us on "good" neighborhoods not too far from pre schools and schools we have a 3 year old son.

Something else which is bothering me is how difficult would it be for us to get a place to rent and what is the procedures?

If anyone did it the 457 route and you can do it over, what would you do different the second time and any pointers on what you did "right"?

Ok think I have to stop for now :lol:

Thank you for reading!

Hope to be in Australia soon!!!

:whome:

It is fine to apply for a 175 while you are on a 457 ... many people have done it and I'm sure that you will get many replies .... Only con on for a 457 is that if you loose your job you 28day to leave Aus .... have a read ... http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

Biggest negative for me re a 457 is the fact that you dont have free medicare and public schooling. with 2 kids, thats something that will affect us a lot

It is fine to apply for a 175 while you are on a 457 ... many people have done it and I'm sure that you will get many replies .... Only con on for a 457 is that if you loose your job you 28day to leave Aus .... have a read ... http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/

Hi

Thanx for the reply

I will go and read it.

Biggest negative for me re a 457 is the fact that you dont have free medicare and public schooling. with 2 kids, thats something that will affect us a lot

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

How much is the average medical aid per person?

Do you have a variety of medical aid to choose from?

Hi

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

How much is the average medical aid per person?

Do you have a variety of medical aid to choose from?

Just Google private medical in WWW.Google.com.au, the sites will give you online quotes.

You also can get living away from home allowance the gives you tax money back, not sure how it works.

Later T

Just Google private medical in WWW.Google.com.au, the sites will give you online quotes.

You also can get living away from home allowance the gives you tax money back, not sure how it works.

Later T

Hi

I'm propably going to ask a dumb question now :) but here goes...

What did you mean with "You also can get living away from home allowance the gives you tax money back, not sure how it works."

Archived