Conversion of SA Matric marks to ATAR score

Sharon

Hi

Does anyone have the schedule used to convert SA matric marks to the ATAR score used for entry ranking at university? I have the one used in Queensland.

Thanks

Sharon

Hi Sharon (And any further replies_)

I'm in NSW, and have a daughter redoing grade 11 next year (we've just arrived).... I didn't know there was such a process...

Tell me more....

Janne

Hi Janne

It's only to get into Uni so no need for you to worry as she will get her ATAR score when she leaves school anyway. It's only needed to convert the SA matric marks to the equivalent Oz ranking for entry to Varsity.

I have found out that I can buy the schedule for $40 from UAC but the problem is that I can't pay on line - they want me to send my credit card details in a letter which has to be posted to them. With all the credit card fraud, I'm not happy to do that. It seems like such a hassle just for a list which Queensland gives freely!

Cheers

Sharon

Hi Sharon

Thanks, I just thought that there was no method of calculating this conversion, and that SA matriculants would be penalised since no real measure of our subjects and marks exist for Oz authorities and universitites.

Would be interested to see what it says if you get it as her staying in SA at one stage was an option, but one of the reasons she's coming over and has to redo grade 11 was as above. (not the only reason though)

Thanks

J

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks Enrica

I don't seem to receive notifications anymore so I didn't see your post.

• 4 years later...

Long shot! To reply on this old post. But my son also finished his matric in SA last year. Did you managed to get the conversion? 

Looking forward to a reply.

@Enrica

Thank you so much! Will email adelaide university for their conversion then. But this atleast give me an indication. 

Edited by vzdike

Have you tried the UAC website (Universtiies Admission Centre)? Heaps of international students apply to study in Australia,  so I'm sure the UAC must have a way of calculating the ATAR equivalent.

http://www.uac.edu.au/

Great information here, thanks. I will watch this topic with interest.

My daughter is finishing matric in SA this year, wants to go to uni in Perth next year (2017) when we move over. Do we approach the uni directly and apply with her results which they will convert? Or can a non WACE year 12 student use TISC (https://www.tisc.edu.au/static/home.tisc)?