still in south africa

Werner&Beancka

hi guys, we need your help urgently. we are currently staying in South Africa but we want to go over to Australia because that’s the most common place more or less the same as South Africa but just must saver. but we are struggling. we tried doing the online assessments but so for no luck, i don’t know if we are doing it wrong or what but its hard.

We really want to leave South Africa, things here is getting worse. We struggle to get work and the crime is everywhere. You can’t even walk around in your back yard anymore. Everything needs to be locked. It’s like living in hell if i can say it like that. We don’t have a life here. You are always worried. The roads is just as bad potholes are killing people here can you believe it. And the government is useless they aren’t even doing something regarding the problem.

But now the thing is i need info of people that might help with work etc.

My husband is working on the mine and im currently doing admin but have experience in banking.

Please any info will be helpful.

info about us:

we are both very young, im 22 years (beancka) and his 25 years (werner)

My work experience is:

I worked 3-4years in the bank. First it was first national bank as the following inquiries, sales person and then also tellers. And then Nedbank as a teller, sales consultant and then sales and service consultant. And currently im in a admin post for a transport business

Then my husband is currently working on the mine, he also has about 5years experience on the mine and obtained the following licenses UV driver, scoop driver, drill rig and the also bolter operator.

His starting with his blasting ticket now in February to be a miner.

We don’t have any kids so no one is depending on us.

If you don't have enough points to qualify for a permanent resident visa, your best bet would be a 457 employer sponsored visa. Western Australia has a huge mining industry and it is possible that you would be able to get a mining company to sponsor you employment and a visa. It is unlikely you will get a company to sponsor either an admin or banking position, so I think you should focus on your husbands mining experience at this stage. Do a search for 457 on the forum and visit www.immi.gov.au to see what the visa entails.

You will then need to update his CV to Australian standards ( do a search on the forum, there are plenty of posts giving great tips on how to do this), then start applying for mining positions on www.seek.com.au and if you google mining jobs Australia, plenty of sites should come up. If his experience is right for what they need you should get some replies. A 457 is not a permanent visa, but there are other avenues to explore, like an employer nominated sponsored 856 visa at a later stage. This will not be the easiest way to get here but it can be done.

Good luck,

Candice

Welcome to the forum

Any questions ask here, the Members of full of helpful direction for new comers

:) Gotta love SAAustralia :P

Welcome to the forum

Any questions ask here, the Members of full of helpful direction for new comers

:ilikeit: Gotta love SAAustralia :ilikeit

Geez it sounds hard but ill lose nothing by trying. But thanks allot for the advise

Beancka send your CV to Stephen Dickson - he is SD_MOA on this forum. He will be able to advise you whether you will qualify and what your options are

Stephen Dickson [stephen@migrateaus.com.au]

Welcome and good luck!

Archived