Moms in Brisbane (Bracken Ridge area)

Stuart

Hi,

Me and the family have been in Brisbane for almost 3 months now and, whilst work has been keeping me very busy, my wife is really missing having friends here in Australia.

My wife is not working at the moment and would really like to meet other moms, especially those from South Africa that understand how difficult being away from home can be.

We have a gorgeous, amazing (I am biased :blush: ) 21 month daughter and stay in Bracken Ridge.

Apart from missing family and friends we are extremely happy in Australia but making some true friends would really make a huge difference.

Please reply on the forum or PM me if you would be interested.

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stuart,

Cant say for Brisbane, but here in Sydney almost all churches have at least one morning a week, sometimes two, where they have a play group for kids. You do not have to be a member of the church or church going, and it is normally in the hall or next to it somehow. Around us it is from 10am - 12 and cost $3, you get a cup of tea and a chat with others while the kids play. There is usually something sweet to eat and people bring a plate or a packet of biscuits in turns.

Then all Libraries around us have Rhyme time for babies and another one for toddlers one morning a week. This is absolutely free and normally in a big room in the library some how. A librarian leads the rhymes and songs with all the hand signs to go with. Also the Australian Breastfeeding Association runs lots of talks about kids and meet ups all over, always free. Tell her to go onto their website and see what they are up to.

I don't know Brisbane so not sure how far away she would be, but why don't you send Michwill on the forum a PM?

She is a stay at home mom (for now)...

I have another friend who lives in North Lakes who I am sure would be happy to meet up. Depending where that is compared to you.

Hi,

Me and the family have been in Brisbane for almost 3 months now and, whilst work has been keeping me very busy, my wife is really missing having friends here in Australia.

My wife is not working at the moment and would really like to meet other moms, especially those from South Africa that understand how difficult being away from home can be.

We have a gorgeous, amazing (I am biased :unsure: ) 21 month daughter and stay in Bracken Ridge.

Apart from missing family and friends we are extremely happy in Australia but making some true friends would really make a huge difference.

Please reply on the forum or PM me if you would be interested.

Cheers,

Stu

Hi Stu

There is a lovely church group such as mentioned below very close by you guys. They meet on a Tuesday and the babies are looked after by carers with a valid blue card, so your wife can have some quality me time! There are many Safrican ladies there, PM me and I will send you the details.

Hi Stuart

I also a stay at home mom with a gorgeous 17 month old boy. We live in Berrinba. Send me a pm if your wife is interested in a coffee.

Cheers

Talita

Archived