Looking for Puppies (Maltese, Bijon Frise, Poodle, etc.)

HouseInOz

We want to buy a puppy to come live with us by December, but I do not get any good sources on where to get them. I want to buy from a breeder in Queensland area; a girl. Any advice on the breeds in Aus would also be appreciated, websites etc. We are in Kenmore Hills.

Hi there !

When i was living in Geraldton WA I had the same problem, only pavement specials was advertised everywhere and in the petshops.

I wanted a purebred, though not neccessarily a pedigree, dog.

I had to fly my Miniture Pinschers from Adelaide ! Cost me about $700, but worth every penny, and I could split the amount into 2 installments, one for the breeder and 1 for the transport via Air.

I now live in Adelaide, and breed myself.

I should have puppies ready to go to homes end of february give or take.

Let me know if you are interested.

If you go to this website you will be able to check out the traits of all the various breeds so that you can make an informed decision about what breed will suit you best.

http://www.ankc.org.au/

and here

http://www.pedigree.com.au/breeds/

once you have made your decision about who your new furkid should be, then go here to check out the breeders:

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies.asp

Once you have your puppy, take a photo and post it on the forum so that we can all see.

Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the great links Mara, especially dogzonline!

We have a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) and she is gorgeous! House friendly, child friendly, does not destroy anything, super intelligent, playfull, energetic, and not too big (grows to about 40cm high). We bought her from a breeder near Sydney, but if you are interested in the breed, I could contact her and ask if she knows of a breeder in QLD (these dog people all know each other :D ).

Whatever you choose - please don't buy form pet shops or puppy farms!! Most Pet Shops get their puppies from puppy farms (any good breeder will NEVER have a petshop sell their puppies!!) and as long as we buy form them, the puppy farms stay in business!

We have a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) and she is gorgeous! House friendly, child friendly, does not destroy anything, super intelligent, playfull, energetic, and not too big (grows to about 40cm high). We bought her from a breeder near Sydney, but if you are interested in the breed, I could contact her and ask if she knows of a breeder in QLD (these dog people all know each other :) ).

Whatever you choose - please don't buy form pet shops or puppy farms!! Most Pet Shops get their puppies from puppy farms (any good breeder will NEVER have a petshop sell their puppies!!) and as long as we buy form them, the puppy farms stay in business!

Riekie

Thanks for highlighting this. My reason for wanting to buy from a breeder is, because I do not want a puppy from a PUPPY MILL. Let us all support breeders or adopt and get these puppy mills to stop!

Archived