Please help!

carolientjie

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I phoned the hospital today(from Perth)...it is genuine...The lady there knew exactly what I was talking about...

Fantastic that you have contributed!

I am meeting with Carolien today.

There is no doubt that this is a genuine case.

I hope that more people get on board with whatever amount they are able to contribute.

And get their story out there too, there are many others who can help.

Aussie friends of mine who have heard this story are also contributing to their hospital bill!

Without a doubt this is a genuine case. It is unbelievable that one couple could have such a run of bad luck. She showed me her bills and lawyers letters etc. What is great is slowly money is starting to trickle in to help. $400 has been paid into their hospital account. The sad thing is they really need to get PR so that they get medicare and centrelink benefits sooner rather than later. I am hoping an agent on the forum may offer them free advice etc and they can raise the funds for the actual visa application and medicals etc. They do owe money on the rental vehicle that was in an accident and have lawyers letters regarding this. They are currently paying it off at $100 a month.

Her little baby is a cute little chap, happy and smiling all the time!

If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to PM me and I will answer privately in greater detail.

Regards

Eva

Hi Eva just a thought couldnt someone approach a sa food business in SEQLD and ask them to donate a some hampers to be shipped Australia wide and then someone could organise a raffle and the money goes straight to the bills, just trying to think of other creative fundraisers here

Also could SABONA magazine be approached to help in anyway as well by printing a small article on their plight? just a thought

Thanks for reaching out to her in person Eva! And thanks for the update.

So now we all know: it's not a hoax. If and how much ppl give is up to their own ability and conscience. :ilikeit:

Hi Carolien,

I have sent you a Private Message. It's not much, but every bit helps, hope it can help. All the best to you and your family, and I'm sure you'll get through these tough times. I'm leaving for a visit to South Africa in two days, and by the time I get back I'll make another contribution.

The payment reference you'll see in your account is: HoopDitHELP...

Hope things start improving for you guys, be strong!

Komaan Suid Afrikaners, staan saam en help 'n familie in nood. As 'n hele spul van ons elkeen 'n $10 of $20 bydrae maak kan ons lag-lag vir Carolien en haar gesin 'n bietjie hulp verleen. En op die einde van die dag sal die meeste mense nie eers 'n $20 in hulle begroting mis nie.

Ek wil net uit verskriklik dankie se vir almal wat help! Ek dink nie julle sal ooit verstaan hoeveel dit vir my beteken nie! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! Lots of love. Carolien

Maybe not everyone here believes in the bible, but...

Bible in Basic English

The man to whom much is given, will have to give much; if much is given into his care, of him more will be requested.

There is some stuff about 'ask and you shall receive' too, Carolien asked, great to see she is receiving!

Carolientjie,

I hope that your situation starts to turn around very soon, I have family already in Aus and have sent them your story.

God Bless!

Sharlene

The man to whom much is given, will have to give much; if much is given into his care, of him more will be requested.

DITO x100

Carolien,

Can you get the hospital bank details and post it on here?

Thanks

Candice

If anybody wants to help out, but feel that they don't want to pay directly to me, here is the Hospital's details: Phone number 07 4616 6251 Enquiries to Bernadette Craig/Karen Joyce. Total amount is $17 904. Patient is Kris Dreyer reference number T419530-1 and cheques can be posted to Darling Downs - West Moreton Health Service District, ATTN: Accounts Receivable. PMB 2, Toowoomba QLD 4350. Thank you.

Check out Carolien's 'member profile' all the bank details including the hospital details.

The Banking Details to pay directly into the hospital account are as follows:

PLEASE ensure the patient's name and number are used as a reference and the AGENT number because obviously Queensland Health is a huge department with hundreds of different beneficiaries.

If anyone wants I can e-mail them the info directly, but it is a PDF file so I can't just cut and paste to here. If anyone wants it, PM me with your e-mail address and I will send it to you...

Bank Name : Commonwealth Bank of Australia

Branch Code : 064-013

Branch Name : Queensland Government Banking Centre

Branch Address : 240 Queen St, Brisbane, Qld, 4000

Account number : 10005883

Account Name : Queensland Health SAP Collections Account

Beneficiary's name : Queensland Health - Accounts Receivable, Toowoomba Hospital, DD-WM Health Service District

Fax for remittance advice : (07) 46166725

Description/Payment Details : Please quote Agent Number 50101 when making a payment and Patient name Kris Dreyer reference number T419530-1

Okay, managed to upload the pdf file so see below for that...

Thanks

Eva

Thanks Mike!

I just read Carolien's harrowing story in her profile, seen the photo of her cradling her baby, got on to Eva in Toowoomba, who states that she has seen Carolien and seen lawyer's letters demanding money for damages to the vehicle involved, and so on, got on to the hospital who state they know what is being discussed and who is being referred to.

The Queensland Ombudsman has intervened on behalf of Carolien's case, from what I understand, to get her medical insurance to cough up a lot more of the expenses, but not all by any means.

I've done enough to check out the authenticity of who she is and what is going on and her situation.

I'll be damned if I sit back, watch a young Afrikaans girl with a newborn baby in dire straits, having her 25th birthday tomorrow, and do nothing.

Her spoken English isn't great.

She doesn't know anyone. She needs befriending. She is going into depression, from what I gather, under the strain of what has happened since December. . . . the worry, and so on.

Her mum has managed to scratch a bit of money together to help her daughter and grandchildren out, but aren't wealthy.

Her husband is working long hours each day to help pay his way. He must be becoming drained physically and emotionally. I reckon a young South African family can get them all over for a braai this Sunday afternoon, hey???

I don't know what else this family can do to help themselves???

They need to start their PR application before time runs out, but can't with a big government debt still outstanding. . . . . the hospital debt owed to the Queensland government.

I shall be getting in touch with my local Federal (Commonwealth) Member of Parliament . . . the Australian Commonwealth government is the level of government in Australia dealing with immigration . . . to see what can be done to push this case through to a successful conclusion.

So . . . let us all start by putting the word out their in our local Reformed Churches around Australia.

Get in touch with the person organising the service to ask for a minute to put this case before the congregation and see who can help in the coming days.

Put the word out and touch as many hearts as we can.

I am off to the Westpac Bank to see about a birthday present for Carolien for tomorrow, then the Commonwealth Bank to see what I can do.

If we all pull together, we can lick this one . . . . like Aussies.

Below is the e-mail from Karen Joyce, Co-ordinator of Accounts Receivable in charge of Kris's account and the pdf with the banking info...

Morning Eva

Please find attached the bank details as requested. It is greatly appreciated that the South African community is assisting this family.

Would you please pass on our sincere thanks to all the people who have kindly donated any funds? It is lovely to acknowledge that there are people who really care. I would also like to stress again that any information regarding the donations will remain strictly confidential.

If I can be of any more assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Many thanks again.

Kind Regards

Karen Joyce

Coordinator, Accounts Receivable

Toowoomba Health Service

Darling Downs-West Moreton Health Service District

Ph: 07-46166576

Fax: 07-46166725

Email: Karen_Joyce@health.qld.gov.au

Hi Carolientjie,

Unfortunately I cannot help financially but I can definitely be of emotional support. I am also a preemie mommy and more or less went through the same problems...not nearly to your extent. I was also Support Director at Preemies for Africa where I headed up the support division. We are on our way to Aus and will land early next month.

If you like we can Skype, pm me if you are interested to chat.

Regards

Lizanne

If we all pull together, we can lick this one . . . . like Aussies.

You're a bonzer bloke Bob, good on ya.

Hi

We definitely will pay something in for hospital costs, Bob it is people like you that make us so proud to be here in Aus, you are really a fair dinkum guy.

All the best Carolien, hope your situation will be better very soon.

Linda

I see Toowoomba is just under 2 hours drive from Brissie. If I lived that close, I'd get in my car with my BF's and go visit Carolientjie on her BDay with cake and pressies, the works!

I must admit, I was a bit cautious when Carolientjie initially asked for help but with all the information now available, it has really touched my heart and I'm going to do my bit, although not in person, I can still make a difference by donating something to make things easier for them.

Carolientjie, don't let this get you down. It will get better - hang in there!

A big hug coming your way!

Just wanting to point out that both an Agent number and Reference number/name do not fit into the 18 character (Internet Banking) limit of payment references for THE VERY BANK THEY BANK WITH...

That's bloody stupid... :unsure:

So now what?

-G

That's bloody stupid... :unsure:

So now what?

-G

ooops! you can make a credit card payment if you call the hospital over the phone...

Hey you guys! Thanks so much! Our internet is down at home so sorry for not responding personally to every one's message! So here I am sitting crying my eyes out at the internet kiosk in clifford gardens, waiting for hubby and I don't even have a tissue! But no worries, Kris is busy chewing his way out of his stroller to come comfort me! I finally got his cardiologist appointment letter this week but it is only 2 more months! 17/12!

Archived