176 or 175

Journeyman

Hie there. I am new to there forum and have gained vast knowledge from the discussions. I have just stated the migration process. I need some advise on whether i should apply for a 175 visa or wait for for the smp and then apply for a 176( i am an instrument and control technician). I turn 35 in 2 months time , so i stand a chance of loosiing 10 ponts on age.

My suggestion would be to apply for the 175 now if you qualify for it, and have the necessary IELTS and skills assessment already, especially as you will lose 10 points soon - rules for this visa might also change in future. The SMPs may be delayed, or your skill might not feature. You can convert to a 176 later if necessary, though it may cost more. Good luck. :ilikeit:

175 trumps 176, in the absence of State Migration Plans...that may change but you may also change your application from 175 to 176 if it favours you.

Hie there. I am new to there forum and have gained vast knowledge from the discussions. I have just stated the migration process. I need some advise on whether i should apply for a 175 visa or wait for for the smp and then apply for a 176( i am an instrument and control technician). I turn 35 in 2 months time , so i stand a chance of loosiing 10 ponts on age.

Welcome to the forum <_<

As mentioned in a previous post, lodge your 175 - you can always, if need be, convert to a 176 at a later stage.

The main thing here is to get an application in the system.

Hi

Can a 175 or 176 be converted to a ENS Visa at a later stage and are there any costs involved for doing it?

Hi

Can a 175 or 176 be converted to a ENS Visa at a later stage and are there any costs involved for doing it?

Yup it can provided its a permanent ENS visa EG: You can't convert a 176/176 to a 457 temp visa - this would need to be a seperate application and process.

Keep in mind though which ever visa is granted last will be the one that is valid.

We converted our original 175 to a 176 when we got VIC State Sponsorship, we then later changed our 176 to a RSMS119 Regional ENS visa AT NO COST

to the company employing my other half or to us . .. we had already paid the fees once right at the beginning.

Only extra cost was the use of another agent to do the nomination process etc but again not to us.

Archived