The absurdity of Qantas

Jordy

I am in Perth and want to get to JHB

A flight on Qantas from Perth to Johannesburg direct costs $2102.

A flight on Qantas from Adelaide to Perth to Johannesburg costs $1463.

My question is: Do I have to fly from Perth to Adelaide to catch the flight back to Perth to fly to Johannesburg to save $639? :)

post-4233-1280043684.jpg

post-4233-1280043714.jpg

Noticed that either way your still gonna be boarding Flight 303 from Perth to JHB!!!

I would phone them

Noticed that either way your still gonna be boarding Flight 303 from Perth to JHB!!!

I would phone them

And the return flight 304 from JHB to Perth is the same too. :)

Do you realy want to go to Adelaide?

I recall something similiar from a previous life,

3rd prize: One week at Witbank Dam

2nd prize: A weekend

and 1st: one night

That is utterly bizarre!! I second what Serendipity said: phone them

I would phone except I only picked this up after I booked on Air Malaysia. The frustrating bit is that Air Malasia is $1739 each but via Kuala Lampur - ie a 19 1/2 hour flight instead of a 9 1/2 hour flight direct.

I always look at this in terms of what my time is worth

Qantas ~2100 for 9 and 1/2 hours

KL.......~1750 for 19and 1/2 hours

Difference 350 for 10 hours equals 35 per hour.

Personally I would have gone Qantas

I would have booked the flight from Adelaide then just checked in for the International leg from Perth after confirming that flight the day before and then arriving early for the International leg.

After the flight back I would then have just gone through customs and then tried to recoup some money for the Adelaide leg :unsure:

Dear Lee in Oz

Unfortunetley it is not quiet that simple . If you do not check in for the flight in Adelaide, you are a no show , therefore all onward flights

1) Automatically cancell out

2) Ticket become no refundable as you no showd!!

3) You also cannot cancell the Adelaide to Perth leg to avoid the no-show as then your fare has to be re-assesed to the next highest fare.

You also would no get a refund on the Adelaide to Perth return legs as the fare is based on a through fare and the airlines when refunding base the refund on an Iata published fare as opposed to refunding on the special fare. Refund are not as simple as we logically would liek them to be ie to suit us as opposed to the airline.

Unfortunetly, the airlines are always in a win - win situation!!!

But having said that, Jordy pity you did not hold on 1 day longer , Qantas brought out a special on the 26th July for sale until the 30th July , available through the Travel Agents

Perth/Joburg/Perth for A$ 1772.00 per adult and A$ 1355.00 per child inclusive of taxes.

Regards

Enrica

What is the SAA price?

They were the cheapest for my trip from CPT to Perth

Archived