Destination Doncaster - and terrified!

sparky_giraffe

well, not so much about Doncaster, per se, but about the fact that we arrive in a new country in 2 weeks, and know NOTHING!! I suspect this forum is going to be really useful, so the first order of business is to read through all the pinned topics.

But really just saying hi, and would love to know if anyone organises any gettogethers, or if anyone knows of any coffee/mums groups and the like that happens anywhere in the East (or further I guess :ilikeit: ). We have 2 kids (5 and 9), are starting from scratch completely so would love to see some friendly faces.

well, not so much about Doncaster, per se, but about the fact that we arrive in a new country in 2 weeks, and know NOTHING!! I suspect this forum is going to be really useful, so the first order of business is to read through all the pinned topics.

But really just saying hi, and would love to know if anyone organises any gettogethers, or if anyone knows of any coffee/mums groups and the like that happens anywhere in the East (or further I guess :P ). We have 2 kids (5 and 9), are starting from scratch completely so would love to see some friendly faces.

Welcome welcome to the forum sparky_giraffe!!! Yip, you certainly will meet some friendly faces in your neck of the woods - loads of clued up folk on the forum who can help you out!!

Good luck in settling in your new Country... :ilikeit: Hope all goes well!

Erica

Terrified is normal.

We were all terrified, but we drank a teaspoon of cement, and toughened up.

We know how you feel, and we understand.- you will be fine , and if you arent, come online and we will all be here. :ilikeit:

Please feel free to contact us, we stay in Templestowe. I'll be glad to help you guys. Will be glad to pick you guys up at the airport if you need transport.

There are quite a few people we can introduce to you who have kids the same age as yours.

Looking forward to meeting you

Willa

Welcome to the forum and in a few weeks welcome to the East!! We are in Doncaster East so if you need anyhting let me know, we will help out wherever possible. Enjoy the last couple of weeks in SA!!

Don't worry too much - it will all come together very quickly.

We also started with nothing and a new baby about 10 months ago and we're doing just fine! We live in Berwick (South East) and have 3 kids (9, 4 and 10 months), let us know once you feel settled and we can arrange a get-together. As far as furniture shopping etc is concerned, pm me if you want to know where to go for the best deals.

Enjoy your last days in SA!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all - feel better already! And you'll be sorry you offered to answer my questions especially re furniture and the like - for various reasons (best described over coffee :) ) we decided to leave a furnished house behind and have shipped almost NOTHING, except a couple of duplicate items. So I own a cheese grater and a bowl. :ilikeit: Tips on where to find what will be most appreciated, and second hand is more than fine right now! We've been looking for furnished accomodation but it doesn't really seem like there is such a thing - but if anyone knows differently please let me know. Family arrives in Melbourne, like, um, now, literally (arriving 20h00 today). I arrive in 2 weeks. Its been CRAZY!

thanks again for the welcome

genni

Archived