Boxes, boxes, boxes

HouseInOz

What does one do with the boxes of stuff

that you buy?

Anybody knows a company that takes

it away? (recycle drum is full)

We have a shed and we have decided to store ours. to replace them costs small fortune. someone said about $5 per box. One day we will move houses and then they will come in handy.

Everytime we move, once we have unpacked, hubby flattens out the boxes and stores them upright in the garage. Next time we move, they are available.

Just as Jordy advised, when you arrive in Australia initially and you are in rental accommodation, it may be a good idea to do the same, so that you can use them again when you move into your own purchased property.

Store them, they are expensive to replace when you need to move again..

Ditto what the others said. We also recycled our boxes, just to move less than a year later and having to PAY for boxes!!!! Was very angry with myself, did not have the foggiest idea one would have to pay for boxes. Everywhere we lived before the removal companies dropped boxes, tape and bubble wrap off at the house weeks before so we could make a start on the packing, and it was free, not so in Aus. Have a look on the website of most removals companies, they have detailed price list down to black markers to write on your box! Keep them flat and dry, maybe the loft, under a bed/couch, back of wardrobe? Save those boxes!

No storing for me! Enough 'stuff' in my life without storing boxes!

The company that delivered our container collected the boxes... they only do one collection.

But are you talking about buying stuff here, like a new iron or whatever?

Those boxes I keep for the warranty. Garage.

I keep all the boxes..bought stuff and boxes from the container..Id rather have them and not need them then end up paying $5 plus a box..i even folded the brown paper and put them inside the boxes...

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be worried about fishmoths and other creepycrawlies having a feast... :lol:

If you don't have space to store them you can sell them on gumtree. Lots of people looking for boxes.

Kennards also will buy back any boxes from you - it don't have to be Kennard boxes. It's not much, but at least it's something.

Archived