Hi - I am new :)

K-Vdm

Hi all,

I am a newbie (although I have registered a long time ago)... Seriously looking into moving Oz or NZ and have NO clue how to go about it..

It looks like we might be able to apply under the 175 (or is it 176) and 457? I am totally confused by all these terms and not sure if we will be able to tho..

All I know is that we want a better future for our kids. We NEED a better future for our kids and we can't see this materialising here :ilikeit:

Do we need to see a migration consultant or can one do all this on your own?

Consultants are very expensive aren't they?

Hope to get more info etc here!

Thanks in advance :D

Hi and welcome,

You can do it all yourself, we pretty much did and the advice you will get from the members of this forum will be mostly sound and good.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Yes, agents can be quite expensive, and as we needed every cent for our move, opted to go about it ourselves. Firstly, you need to decide which visa you qualify for. The 175 is Permanent Residency, and definitely the option you want to go with if you can. You didn't say what profession you're in. Perhaps someone here who's on the same profession can give you some advice.

Also, make sure you've got all your documents ready, so your unabridged birth and marriage certificates and a new passport if yours is expiring soon. Have a browse here on the forum and check some of the older posts, they can be quite useful.

All the best and if just ask if you're stuck.

Welcome to the forum.

Use the Search button on the top right hand corner in the grey to look for previous discussions on your questions, or ask away.

Welcome.You have come to the right place. We did not use an agent and went through the whole ? 175/176. Eventually due to a whole lot of reasons we r here!!! on 457 Temp visa hopefully 856/7 permanent sooooooon! Good Luck

Welcome.You have come to the right place. We did not use an agent and went through the whole ? 175/176. Eventually due to a whole lot of reasons we r here!!! on 457 Temp visa hopefully 856/7 permanent sooooooon! Good Luck

Sorry to Hijack this post..but, how you guys?

Welcome to the forum ... make sure you check what the latest updates on the Oz goverment websites, they tend to change their minds quite often.

Sorry to Hijack this post..but, how you guys?

Sent you an email. The short version we r all well!

Thanks everyone!

I have contacted an agent and was advised to wait till the new SOL list is available.. So we will sit and wait.. :ilikeit:

Welcome!. What is your profession so we can help a little more.

Welcome!. What is your profession so we can help a little more.

Hi Jordy,

I am a Decorative Painter and hubby is a Parts Sales Exec

I noticed that my profession is on the new list - but will have to have it assessed :ilikeit:

Greetz,

Let's get the party started :blush:

Ciao J

Phenomenon, see your a newbie, why not introduce yourself on a new thread in the Foyer

Great to have you on board ;)

:):ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Hi,

New and terrified,but excited at the same time.Decided in Jan. 2010 to immigrate to Melbourne.Family already a year there and happier than ever.Started the process through an agent in Feb.

I'm a registered nurse and the paperwork is a nightmare. :blush:

I heard that the IELTS is being upgraded in July 2010.Sal maar sien hoe hierdie boertjie dit oorleef.The test costs R1900 now!

Hi,

New and terrified,but excited at the same time.Decided in Jan. 2010 to immigrate to Melbourne.Family already a year there and happier than ever.Started the process through an agent in Feb.

I'm a registered nurse and the paperwork is a nightmare. :rolleyes:

I heard that the IELTS is being upgraded in July 2010.Sal maar sien hoe hierdie boertjie dit oorleef.The test costs R1900 now!

Good grief dis baie!!! Maar niks van hierdie proses is goedkoop nie.. I have to have my skills assessed (get an AQF Cert 111) and the TRA approval.. This alone is AUD3300 :ilikeit:

Where there is a will there must be a way!

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget the large costs of the medicals.... We paid R4500 for 2 kids and 3 adults (16 counts as adult)... and no TB or HIV accepted!!

I lie in bed before I fall asleep and will that visa to me..........positive thoughts .......

J

Don't forget the large costs of the medicals.... We paid R4500 for 2 kids and 3 adults (16 counts as adult)... and no TB or HIV accepted!!

I lie in bed before I fall asleep and will that visa to me..........positive thoughts .......

J

Shew the cost is huge but the outcome (if positive) will be SO worth it! We are taking it one day at a time - tackling 1 step in the process at a time.. Dunno how else one will do it as it's extremely overwhelming!

Archived