Domestic worker/housekeeper Johannesburg?

zoot

Hi I was wondering whether anyone who is coming over has a domestic worker/house keeper who would be looking for a new position? My elderly Mom has been staying on her own and has been finding the house a bit much for her. She recently took a fall and of course there was no one to give her a hand. She is very independent so am not sure that she would want to move to an old age home/retirement village. She really needs someone to give her a hand around the house, perhaps help with cooking of meals and just generally ensure that she is OK. She is physically fit and healthy so the person doesnt need to do nursing or anything like that. Obviously the person must be trustworthy cause dont want to risk her safety with just getting anyone in.

Any recommendations?

thanks

Zoot

Could you be more specific with the suburb?

Sorry - North Easter Suburbs - Lyndhurst/Glenhazel.

Live in or live out.

My childrens nanny will be looking for a new position, we're flexible on her leaving whenever the new employer needs her as we can make another plan with aftercare etc etc. But she's live out only, her husband is a chaffeur (sp?) for some big execs at a corporate and they live in a pretty nice house. In 2 years she's been off work 1 day ever when the taxi strike was on and her husband wasn't around to drive her himself.

She has impecable refernces, she's only had 3 jobs ever, (we're her 3rd) she worked for the last family for 8 years and they relocated and we employed her via them.

Her english is impecable, but I dont think she can speak afr.

ito trustworthness she is 200% trustworthy. She's looked after my daughter since she was 4 weeks old. I leave wedding rings and other jewellery lying all over the place, money is forever floating around, not one single thing has ever gone missing, and on the rare occassion she has come to ask if she may take an orange/banana/apple etc with her home.

If anyone is interested they can pm me with pleasure.

Archived