Suburbs for a family in Adelaide

Lonzo

The following were suggested by a work mate for good young family suburbs.

Southern - Unley, Parkside

Eastern - Norwood, Toorak Gardens, St Peters

Northern - North Adelaide, Gilberton

Hi

You have been given some great suburbs (some of the better ones in Adelaide) but you are going struggle to find rental accomodation in any of them for $350 per week :whome:

If you are going to work north of the city at the harbour I would suggest that you consider suburbs like, North Haven, Semaphore, Largs, West Lakes that will be closer to your work, are relatively nice (north westerns) suburbs that are/may be a bit more affordable than those on the list that you have been given

If you can however afford to rent or buy in the suburbs that you have listed, go for it :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi

You have been given some great suburbs (some of the better ones in Adelaide) but you are going struggle to find rental accomodation in any of them for $350 per week :whome:

If you are going to work north of the city at the harbour I would suggest that you consider suburbs like, North Haven, Semaphore, Largs, West Lakes that will be closer to your work, are relatively nice (north westerns) suburbs that are/may be a bit more affordable than those on the list that you have been given

If you can however afford to rent or buy in the suburbs that you have listed, go for it :ilikeit:

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Lenzo

Manny is spot on above.

Other good suburbs you may want to look at include: Grange, Henley Beach, Henley Beach South, Fulham Gardens, Lockleys, Kidman Park and maybe West Beach.

I live in Henley Beach and used to travel to work in the Harbor (years ago when I worked there) and it used to be a very pleasant and scenic drive to work.

Cheers

NP

Hi everyone !

please keep the info coming, we will be arriving in Adelaide next week, and i have NO CLUE where is good and not. We dont have work yet, so were not bound. Ive been looking at Elizabeth and exts

Cristel

Hi

Enjoy!

Manny

If i up my rental per week to $500 will this allow me to stay in a better area ?

If i up my rental per week to $500 will this allow me to stay in a better area ?

yes, but thats high hey

we in fulham gardens and great area....look around, also private rentals seem better priced than via agencies

There are heaps of really nice areas around and you dont necessarily have to pay excessively to get a rental in those areas. Come and see - you will be surprised it is really what suits your family. I am in the western suburbs and see heaps of young kids in the shops, playing in their gardens.

Absolutely!!! But nothing wrong with the areas that I suggested earlier.

Enjoy!

Manny

These are nice however I would not rule out the South as it has lovely beaches. :ilikeit:

Hi everyone !

please keep the info coming, we will be arriving in Adelaide next week, and i have NO CLUE where is good and not. We dont have work yet, so were not bound. Ive been looking at Elizabeth and exts

Cristel

Do not go to Elizabeth in my opinion .

Appart from Gumtree, is there any other site that can assist with private rentals.

Urs,

Hou net die koerante dop vir privaat verhuurders. Dis maar skaars want die meeste werk deur agente. Waar in Adelaide verkies julle nou? Ek kan maar net in die plaaslike koerantjie kyk en jou laat weet.

x2.

Elizabeth is probably one of the worst suburbs in Adelaide.

Guys, im in a bit of a predicament at present :

Moved to SA from WA with 3 dogs and 8 yr old son. Was planning on staying in caravan park, but rain and dogs made that an unbearable option, so now staying with very feral Aussie friends. They smoke weed and is in reality a very bad influence on my son. My family is falling apart around me, as they are my husbands friends.

Any advice ?

Waar rook jy....ag, ek bedoel, bly jy nou Christel?

As dit in Adelaide is kyk na verblyf hier .....

www.adelaidesorrentomeridien.com.au

I see there is weekly rates from $350 and it's fully furnished.

Hope it helps.....get away from the weed, drinking a wine or two is ok but groen, happy grassies....no no.

Hi Rosa, thanks for the link !

We are in Adelaide, hope work will come soon !

and check your local papers like the messenger (as example) and the advertiser

how is it going cristel?

Yes, Christel, How are you....we do worry, you know. And how are the little one?

Archived