In the process...

C&GJBay

Hi...

I'm Chantal, we (OH Gerhard, Megan 4 & Riley 2) are in the process of applying for our visa. Waiting for our TRA to come back so we can lodge a 176 family sponsored asap & then at the same time in talks with a company for ENS 121.

We are hoping the ENS comes through asap so we can be there by the end of the year or early next year!

The company is in the Gold Coast, & we think Burleigh Waters looks nice (also close to work).

So at the moment we are waiting (like everyone else) for documents & then when we put in our applications, we can breathe a minor sigh of relief that we have our application IN before all the changes on 1 July & then begin the next waiting game!

Hope we can share our waiting game with some of you & keep ourselves sane... if at all possible :ilikeit:

C

Welcome, hope all goes swiftly and smoothly for you!!

What do you do work wise?

Thanks!

I am a....SAHM :ilikeit: Used to be in IT sales. Gerhard is a butcher, currently a Regional Manager for Shoprite Checkers Meat Markets, hopefully soon a non-descript normal butcher in Aus! :ilikeit:

Welcome, hope your journey here is a good one.

Small world Chantal- my only sister lives in Jeffreys( I was there last year) and I live on the Goldie ! She has visited me twice and LOVES the Gold Coast. :wacko:

Good luck on your application.

Welcome...best of luck with the application process.

Thanks everyone for the welcome! Queensland girl - that is funny! we could even know each other,jbay is such a small place! hopefully i can soon make a post like yours when i'm in aus & my sister is still here!

Welcome and all the best with your process.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again!

Thanks for all the welcomes & well-wishes (we all need as many well-wishes as we can get I think! )

Just to update you on whats happened over the past week or so...

We decided, after thinking long & hard, that since the TRA is being funny with us & we might not get a positive assesment out of them :unsure: That we are going to go for a 457 Visa. That way we can at least get to Aus so long & then HOPEFULLY with a positive TRA assesment, we can apply for ENS 856 asap after settling in a bit. Worst case scenario we have to work there for 2 years before lodging our ENS856 (if I read all the requirements right??? - PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!) :blink:

So we have told the company that has offered us a job & they say they are on it... hopefully they do their part asap & then we can put in our application... :)

Waiting & more waiting.........& more waiting is the name of the game hey?? :whome:

Hi again!

Thanks for all the welcomes & well-wishes (we all need as many well-wishes as we can get I think! )

Just to update you on whats happened over the past week or so...

We decided, after thinking long & hard, that since the TRA is being funny with us & we might not get a positive assesment out of them :holy: That we are going to go for a 457 Visa. That way we can at least get to Aus so long & then HOPEFULLY with a positive TRA assesment, we can apply for ENS 856 asap after settling in a bit. Worst case scenario we have to work there for 2 years before lodging our ENS856 (if I read all the requirements right??? - PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong!) :blink:

So we have told the company that has offered us a job & they say they are on it... hopefully they do their part asap & then we can put in our application... :ilikeit:

Waiting & more waiting.........& more waiting is the name of the game hey?? :D

in what way is the tra funny? i have to have my skills assessed as well and am nervous!

in what way is the tra funny? i have to have my skills assessed as well and am nervous!

Not in a Funny hahaha way thats for sure!

What is your trade?? OH is a butcher & it seems that his 12 years experience & assesment certificate dont meet their skill pathway criteria. i think because he didn't stay for 5 years at the place where he started working & training. :ilikeit:

Hope we can get them to change the outcome, we are busy collecting letters all over again from all his employers.

Whatever, we'll do our best to make them happy... :thumbdown:

Not in a Funny hahaha way thats for sure!

What is your trade?? OH is a butcher & it seems that his 12 years experience & assesment certificate dont meet their skill pathway criteria. i think because he didn't stay for 5 years at the place where he started working & training. :thumbdown:

Hope we can get them to change the outcome, we are busy collecting letters all over again from all his employers.

Whatever, we'll do our best to make them happy... :blush:

Shame no I did not mean haha funny :angry:

I am a decorative painter and have to get a AQF Cert 3 approval first and can only then apply to the TRA.. AQF is already a 3 step process.. Thing is they want all my working experience relating to physical work I have done in the last 5 years (been doing this for 9yrs). I have been a supervisor for 5 years and that doesn't count now.. So I have to get loads of references, evidence of physical work..

Hope you come right!! Good luck!

thanks & good luck to you too! wish they could just do a physical assesment & see that we could do the job,prob better than some aussies!

Archived