June, July in Brisbane

HouseInOz

Decisions decisions...

I need to decide whether to let the boots go with the container or take it with us. Does one need boots for winter in Brisbane, at all?

Other advice re jackets, scarves etc to take with are welcome!

When "exactly" does it REALLY get the coldest?

First hand advice from real people are always more helpful than internet info. :ilikeit:

Hi ya,

We arrived in July 2008 and it was COLD brrrrrr!! We come from Durban. We brought light stuff thinking of weight on the aeroplane with minimum winter warmies and jeepers did we wish that container to hurry with the rest of our winter stuff!! Admittedly the winter's don't last very long and by September it warms up already. The city to me is freezing so if you're coming here for interviews then your boots will definately come in handy! Already now the mornings are cool coming into the city!

Good luck :ilikeit:

I've been here 5 years and as each year goes bye my blood thins and I wear a jacket for longer.

I'm still in shirt sleeves. Last year I wore a jacket in the morning, but lost it any time after ten o'clock

Believe it or not, but Brisbane does get cold :ilikeit: - just not for a very long time :lol: ! Bring your boots, jackets and scarves ... you will definitely need it, but only for a short while. You will start wearing summer clothes around in September again! The real heat with humidity will start in December and will last until at least end of February/March.

See you in Brissie!

Pippa! X

• 2 months later...

Yay short winter! Right now I'm freezing in CT... looking forward to not having to layer-up and feel like a trussed chicken!

Archived