Seriously wanting to come to Australia

Amanda23

Hi!!! :)

Hope you are all well. We started talking about moving to Australia, but there are a few things that I want to know and this forum seems to have all the answers :blink:

My husband and I are both in our late 20's. I am a trained ICU nurse and my husband is in IT, with 9 years experience in Websphere. Does any one know how needed websphere skills are? Will he battle to get a job as it sounds that alot of IT guys really battle to get jobs, which worries me a bit.

Another thing. I really want to bring my parents across and heard that there is a visa for parents that are still in the working age. Is that true? My parents are both 50 years old, my dad being an accountant and my mother an English teacher. Do you think they will be able to work when they come over? How many people brought their parents over and was it a big issue.

I am so excited and so scared at the same time. We are really serious about coming over, but I want to be sure.

Hope to get as much replies as possible.

Thank you and have a lovely day

Hi Amanda and welcome.

To answer your question, both you and your hubby are in fields where you will have no problem getting employment. Have your hubby do a search on www.seek.com.au for webspere jobs and I am sure he will find that people are looking.

I cannot answer the question on the parents side but I can say I have not come across an IT person that has really battled to find a job on this forum anyway.

A warm welcome to you!

:ilikeit:

Welcome!

Hubby's in IT and struggled for 2 months to get a job...but probably because we're in Perth and it really was the wrong time of the year. Things seem to have improved a lot from the beginning of the year and apparently they're predicting an IT shortage, so hubby will be in great demand.

I agree, have a look on seek.com.au and see what kind of jobs are available. As for the parents, it depends on what visa you'll be on. I know you can sponsor parents if you're on PR. There's currently a discussion about family sponsored visas in Application forum, but you can see it by clicking here.

Hopefully that'll answer some of your questions.

All the best!

Welcome and good luck with all the hoops that you are going to have to jump through to get to Australia! I trust that your road will be a smooth one!

With regard to the parents, unless they were completely dependent on you for their day to day living and living in your home with you, they will not be able to come with you. Once you are here, and if you have permanent residence, then there are various ways of sponsoring them. One way is pretty lengthy and can take anything up to 10 or more years, the other is a lot quicker, but pretty expensive. I stand to be corrected but I seem to remember a figure of around AU$38,000 per person being mentioned.

Sorry Michele R but the link that you have supplied above is for sponsoring family, parents are a different story altogether, here is a link to a thread that has handled parents, I hope it contains the information that you need!

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...&hl=parents

Thank you all for the welcoming :) and for all the information so far. Really helps a lot. You are Great :ilikeit:

Have a fabulous weekend.

Hi Amanda

You would almost certainly qualify for a permanent visa with your nursing qualifications. If you want to hasten the process you could get a sponsored work permit visa. I have worked with people in Melbourne who were sponsored by Southern Health and also private hospital group Saint John of God. The benefit of this visa is you will get a lot of your costs paid and more assistance and advice but will have to commit to a period of time working for the organisation that sponsors you. Good luck with the process whatever way you choose to go.

Archived