LisaB:Just joined and excited about the future

LisaB

Hi All

A couple of years back hubby and I decided we wanted to leave SA and started the process of going to NZ. Well long story short the economy went bust and all plans were put on hold indefinitely. We decided to fill our time with a new project and had a baby :whome: Gabriel is now 8 months old and we have decided that we still want to leave but have now set our sights on Australia. We have a consultation this afternoon with and immigration consultant to see what our chances of getting visa's are. I am hoping we make the grade and that we can be in Australia soon.

We have never been to the country so we are just jumping in and taking a leap of faith. We have no specific area in mind and will just go where the jobs take us, then will go from there.

Hoping to gain a lot of info from the site and to also make some great friends. Leaving family behind is going to be tough but if we already have some friends on the other side then that would be fantastic :ilikeit:

Hi Lisa + Hubby + Gabriel!

I hold thumbs and hope you will receive a positive consultation.

Any questions or assistance... you are at the right place!

Best of luck!

E

Welcome to the forum. Good to have you with us. Its a long journey so one step at a time.

Welcome to the forum!

We haven't been to Aus either before we moved here.

Wishing you all the best!

Hi All

A couple of years back hubby and I decided we wanted to leave SA and started the process of going to NZ. Well long story short the economy went bust and all plans were put on hold indefinitely. We decided to fill our time with a new project and had a baby :cry: Gabriel is now 8 months old and we have decided that we still want to leave but have now set our sights on Australia. We have a consultation this afternoon with and immigration consultant to see what our chances of getting visa's are. I am hoping we make the grade and that we can be in Australia soon.

We have never been to the country so we are just jumping in and taking a leap of faith. We have no specific area in mind and will just go where the jobs take us, then will go from there.

Hoping to gain a lot of info from the site and to also make some great friends. Leaving family behind is going to be tough but if we already have some friends on the other side then that would be fantastic :)

HI Lisa B and family

welcome to the forum .best of luck for the consultation this afternoon.

Welcome, hope you journey is an easy one. Please be careful with the agent that you use, there are some real bad ones out there. If you are at all interested there are a number of true, tried, and tested migration agents on this website that come highly recommended.

Hi lisaB,

We also in the process of immigrating and your post caught my eye because your story sounds so much like ours!!! We also have a son, Braeden whos 11months old now and have never been to Australia before. We have the attitude that lifes an adventure and are looking forward to the challenge! So just know that youre not alone and there are plenty of friendly, helpfull people to chat to on the forum.

Good luck

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

Mara - Thank you for the advice regarding agents. These guys seem to be tried and trusted. We just mainly wanted to see which visa we would qualify for but with new changes coming into play soon who knows where we will stand after that.

Bradysmom - Wow nice to see we are not the only crazy people around <_< How far in the process are you? Whereabouts in Oz will you be going?

I see you are in East London. It is lovely there. My grandparents used to stay there but moved up to JHB a couple of years ago.

A warm welcome to the forum, you'll find the forumites become close to family ! Enjoy the wealth of info to be found here, many of us would have really struggled with the process weren't it for the forum.

Enjoy the ride !

Archived