bradysmom: Hi, were' new!

bradysmom

Hi Everyone,

New to the site but it sounds like just what im looking for! We are applying for independent skilled migration to Australia, at the moment all my documents are at the Skills Assesment board in Aus. Im a registered nurse and would love to hear about other nurses experiance/tips with the skilled migration visa and what nursing in Australia is like? My husband is in the construction bissinness, concrete technology, sales of concrete and aggregate and the likes, does anyone know what the job market is like for that area? We also have an 11month old son!

Cant wait to get to Australia, South Africa seriously starting to scare me!

Tarryn.

Hiya Tarryn and Family

Welcome to the forum, you have really landed on the right site to assist with any questions you might have.

All the best with your process and look forward to seeing you around

Regards

S

Hi Tarryn & welcome,

The City of Kalgoorlie Boulder in Western Australia maybe worth considering/researching, it has a large hospital and mining industry. There is already a sizeable South African Community here.

Best wishes for your migration journey.

Welcome Tarryn, Could always use more nurses. Come on in.

G'day Mate! Welcome and enjoy your stay....

Welcome

I am sure you will find all that you are looking for and if you dont just ask.

Have a try and looking at each states medical boards eg NSW, Queensland etc. Each State currently have their own criteria and processes. Also there are specific recruitment companies that specialize in recruiting nurses, have a google and see what you can find. I know someone on this forum was sponsored a visa for Perth and everything was paid for even nursery for her little one.

Good Luck

Welcome! and Good luck!

Sure you will find this forum and the forumites will be your "ROCK" throughout this gruelling process,lol.

Welcome to the forum!!

Exciting times ahead, good luck with your process and decisions!!

Hi Tarryn,

Glad to have u on the forum.

Mee awlso from de Oos Kaaaap......let's have a race to see who can get to Oz first.

Hmmmmmm, maybe that's not a good idea yew being a nurse and awl.

And wiff yer hubby in construction. I specifically fink Perth will be a good place to start......you certainly not gonna starve

TTFN

Hi Everyone,

New to the site but it sounds like just what im looking for! We are applying for independent skilled migration to Australia, at the moment all my documents are at the Skills Assesment board in Aus. Im a registered nurse and would love to hear about other nurses experiance/tips with the skilled migration visa and what nursing in Australia is like? My husband is in the construction bissinness, concrete technology, sales of concrete and aggregate and the likes, does anyone know what the job market is like for that area? We also have an 11month old son!

Cant wait to get to Australia, South Africa seriously starting to scare me!

Tarryn.

Hi Tarryn. My wife is a registerd nurse but I collected all the documentation and prepared all of the paperwork and submitted it.

Things have changed substantialy since we migrated.

many on the forum will tell you you can be sponsored and get here quickly. This is true but then you are stuck in a state or with an employer for 2 years and still have to go through the whole process of gettinga PR visa. We had applied and were waiting and 2 nusrses my wife worked with all of a sudden anounced they were leaving in a few months, and they did. Several months later we got our visa and my wife spoke to them here. Both said they should rather have done the slow way to get here.

Anyway all that said the steps are

1) get a skills assesment with the Aus Nursing Council http://www.anmc.org.au/home

2) Apply for a visa or get a sponsor

3) register in the state you want to work (You have to do the whole process again to register in a state, but after July 2010 it goes national

http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au

The changes that are bad for South African nurses is that once here you have to do a training course to become registered here. Its on the website somewhere

With all of the construction going on in QLD I am sure your husband could find a job quite easily. Check Seek Mycareeer etc.

If you any questions ask

Hi everyone,

A big thank you for making us feel sooo welcome! And some tips already... thanx! leelnoz thanx for your link to the nursing website, interesting. Couldnt find where they talk about changing the legislation re: us doing a course/exam before or when we arrive? Duray the race is on!!!! But i must ask, how far along are you?

Hi everyone,

A big thank you for making us feel sooo welcome! And some tips already... thanx! leelnoz thanx for your link to the nursing website, interesting. Couldnt find where they talk about changing the legislation re: us doing a course/exam before or when we arrive?

Tarryn. I had to look a bit to find what I refered to, but I got it. If you are from EU USA it is a bit easier but I was incorrect about further training.

http://www.anmc.org.au/recognition_of_skills

Download this document http://www.anmc.org.au/userfiles/file/Stan...%20Purposes.pdf

It talks of 6 STANDARDS. Standard 1 criteria 1.4a. On further reading it appears as if you do not need to do a course here but you need all teh records I was required to get. Sorry about that

To get skills assesed means

A request to your traing hospital for training records

They provide a detailed letter staing Hrs in each subject at College or Uni, and practical Hrs spent in each ward

(This took me over a year to get due to incompetence at JHB Gen)

A proof of registration with the South African nursing council in Pretoria and a letter they send direct to the Australian Nursing Council

You can PM or if there are others who need more info I will post where ever (Possibly under migration section)

Regards

Mike

Archived