Our roller coaster journey

Michele R

:rolleyes: So so happy for you.

XX C

Sjoe Michele, as I read through your post it felt like someone had their hands around my neck! Congrats! Would you suggest getting a job before you move to AUS??

Not so easy to get a job before leaving SA, unless your occupation is REALY in demand - anything medical or engineering may do the trick. Ons sukkel al lank van hierdie kant af!

R

Congrats, sounds like things are really happening now!!! Brilliant!!

How did the interview for the job go?

Congrats, sounds like things are really happening now!!! Brilliant!!

How did the interview for the job go?

We tried to secure a job before coming over. There was a company that was interested in hubby, but they said he should contact them when he arrived (he had a skype interview with them before we came over). However, once we arrived things were very different and they just didn't give him an answer. He went for a face to face interview and they seemed keen, but after a month and a half being here, they still couldn't stay if they wanted to hire him. Luckily hubby got the other job.

Interview was strange, lol. They didn't ask me any questions! The HR Manager phoned me later that day saying I was their second choice, so sadly someone else accepted the job. But he then said that his boss was looking for a part time PA while his PA was working in another department for the next 3 months. He also said that they would be doing some more recruiting later this year, and if I can get a foot in the door, then it would be really great. So his boss phoned me and I'm going to see him on Thursday. He said I should come have a look around, and if I like it, then that'll be great. So it sounds like he might already want me to work for him. So I'm really looking forward to meeting him.

We're doing the 'Groot Trek' on Wednesday, and I can't wait! We popped into Ikea and got a great new quilt cover (duvet cover), queen size and 4 pillow cases for $9 on sale! Just washed it now so it's ready for when my bed arrives, lol. We also went to get some non-perishable food at IGA, all on special of course, and managed to save quite a bit. So am getting very excited.

Went for a walk late yesterday afternoon only to be surprised by a phone call, from my mom! It was so great to hear her voice. Haven't heard her voice since January! Was a bit emotional last night, just missing my family, but that's to be expected.

I might not have internet this week as we're waiting for the supplier to get back to us, not sure when they'll come and install it. But as soon as I get it I'll let you know how my interview went and how the move went.

Thanks again for everyone's support through this emotional journey. I really appreciate it!

• 2 months later...
Fantastic!! Congrats :):):ilikeit:

HI

I see you are also Capetonians. We are flying to Sydney the 10th of July on an LSD tour. Now in Perth for 3 and a half years, but need to go see the other side of Australia to decide if we made the right decision to come to Perth, or to rather move to NSW.

What can you tell me about where you live?

Regards

Archived