New Brisbane Get Together....

Eva

If you are referring to Rocks Riverside Park, it is in 17 Mile Rocks, which is just off the Centenary Highway. It is a huge park along side the river and has plenty of facilities - braais, children's activities like pools etc. It is free unless you want to book a specific part at a specific time. As far as I know, it closes at around six at night.

ps. We live around the corner in Sinnamon Park and have been here for 6 months.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My darling husband is not keen on driving another hour and a half each way after our recent holiday that involved many hours in the car...

So doubt we will make it!

Will try and twist his arm.

Hope you all have fun and have a decent turnout.

Enjoy!

I too am keen to see how many people went. I unfortunaltey have bronchitis, and whilst I am up and about, I thought a day in the rain was not a good idea.... I think it cleared up though? Not sure about town.....

How was it?

It was pouring with rain in the morning so we decided to give it a miss (even though it cleared up beautifully in the afternoon but by then it was too late!)

Thank you to Alrae for firming up the venue and being there to welcome us.

Wish we could have stayed longer.

Next time

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

Hi Candice

We have arrived in Brisbane on 13 June and is currently staying at Brisbane Holiday Village in Eight Mile Plains. We would love to meet other Ex-South Africans.

Regards

Martie

Welcome to Brisbane D&M. My family and I use to stay in Centurion too. Maybe a get together should be organised again. I am not sure who organises it though. If I may suggest there is a lovely dam with bbq's in the Petrie area.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great to have a get together. :ilikeit: Who normally arranges these?

It would be great to have a get together. :ilikeit: Who normally arranges these?

Anyone can! Go for it Tree, YOU organise the next one...

Set a date, time and venue and see who can make it.

Happy to go with Mandyl's suggestion of the dam in the Petrie area - please post details of where this is. Perhaps 17th July, Saturday at 2pm? Who's interested?

A bit far north for us.

I know there is a huge concentration of ex-Saffers west of the city from Kenmore through to Moggill. There's a lovely park called Rafting Ground Reserve near to Kenmore which is a great spot for picnics/BBQs

Kenmore works for me too :ilikeit: Anyone else?

Hi All

We also arrived 13 June - we are staying

in Kenmore area.

Have met heaps of SA's at church- every

Sunday at 10 at Indooroopilly State High

School in Ward Avenue.

Would really like to have a get together!!!!!

Suggest we have a get together at the Rafting Ground Reserve, Moggill Road, Pullenvale, on Saturday the 17th July at 2pm.

Who would like to attend? :)

That would be great NadineN!

a bit to far for us, maybe we can arrange another meet and greet at a more central or bayside location next time.

I'm passing the buck :whome: If anyone has ideas for a get together for Brisbanites, please post recommendations. I don't think the venue and time as suggested is going to work out, due to lack of responses - perhaps I'm posting prematurely, but it's been very quiet to date - but please do post if you would like to meet in the suggested Kenmore area.

Unfortunately Brisbane is such a huge place that many people are bound to have to travel to meet. Hope a get together does happen. Perhaps we need a celebrity to get things going. :blink:

Dear Amity,

Have you ever considered New Farm Park? It's very central (2km from the city) and there's lots of parking (at New Farm Park and the Powerhouse). It may be more convenient for everyone in Brisbane.

Good luck.

Pippa! X

Sounds great, Pippa! I've never been there, but am sure it will be suitable. :whome:

Proposed get together:

Where: New Farm Park

When: Saturday, the 17th July, at 2pm

We will make it (2 adults, 2 children). Who else will be going? Please post RSVPs. Or suggest changes. Thanks! :blink:

Archived