New Brisbane Get Together....

Eva

I decided to start this thread after reading a few people saying they were keen to get together.

There are so many of you in Brisbane, but I thought I would get the ball rolling...

Can someone in the know (Brissy Bessies???) suggest a place, date and time and hopefully those wanting to meet will be available.

Hope this works!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about River Rocks Park - it is big enough, has barbeque facilities, on the Brisbane river, wonderful play area for the kids, also a water play area for the kids.

I know it is a long drive for those North of Brisbane, but a lovely outing for the day. Could stop at Mount Cootha on the way and enjoy the views and then only 10min to River Rocks Park in Seventeen Mile Plains, I think it is.

Regards Alrae

Haven't been to River Rocks Park, sounds nice.

New Farm park is always a popular venue, easy access to CityCat and car parking - central for both North and South residents. Great play area for kids :D

I am very keen to join in - I was going to organise a coffee club meet, but the day to day routine has run away with me ! 25% of the year is already gone !

I am North of Brisbane (Aspley) and have many areas around here to suggest, but not that familiar with something more "central", so will go with the general recommendation. I'll bring along another SA family that have just started at the school - we met them this weekend, and they are great.

A get toegther is a great idea !

Nix

Hi there,

My husband and I have been in Brisbane, Eight Mile Plains for 1 month and would LOVE to meet other Saffers. I really hope this comes together :ilikeit: Anywhere on the Brisbane River is stunning!!

Will keep a tab on this post :ilikeit:

Thanks for starting this post!!

Candice :D

After I think. People may be away over the Easter weekend.

Maybe even after the school holidays, the following weekend?

17th April?

After I think. People may be away over the Easter weekend.

Maybe even after the school holidays, the following weekend?

17th April?

Hi Eva,

You are a star for arranging this! I just want to mention that the 17th is the Bulls vs Reds game at Suncorp, but it only starts later that day... Don't know how that will affect the people...?

Bye, Pippa! X

that sounds good, the weideman family will also be there, cant wait to meet other saffers, yay....

Have we decided on exact date and time and venue now, river rocks park??

How about River Rocks Park - it is big enough, has barbeque facilities, on the Brisbane river, wonderful play area for the kids, also a water play area for the kids.

Alrae do you know if this is a free venue?

I looked it up on the internet and you had to book for functions ~ and pay ~ but thats if you are having a marquee etc.

Have you been there?

So far River Rocks Park and New Farm Park have been suggested, anyone with any other ideas?

Sunday 18th March 2010 at 12:30pm ~ venue to be confirmed!

Sunday 18th March 2010 at 12:30pm ~ venue to be confirmed!

I'm sure Eva meant 18th April 2010 ;)

Yes, River Rocks Park is a free venue. I know you can book if you want to reserve a particular spot.

I am happy to go earlier in the morning to ensure we get a nice big shaded area close to a barbeque.

Regards

Alrae

I'm sure Eva meant 18th April 2010 :blink:

Sorry, I did! :wacko::):wacko: Thanks for correcting that Doran....

So, its Sunday 18th April 2010, 12:30pm at River Rocks Park

Thanks Alrae for your kind offer to book us a nice spot earlier than that! Just let us know where it is...

:D:D:):ilikeit::ilikeit:

Even though we are not in Brisbane I'm hoping to join you all....

sounds good, looking forward to putting faces to names from the forum.

I would say area 2, shelter 5 would be good. Not too far from the car park, grassed area for any kids to play footy/cricket/ ..

A short walk to the kids play area. Sounds great - see you all there 18th April.

Will hang green, red and blue balloons, so just follow the balloons!

Regards Alrae

so who else is coming?

Hello All, I'll be there...!!! I'm a new Brisbanite, a single Mum and and longing for some African company!!!

See you there,

Regards, Robyn!

I think our family will be there !!!! I will confirm when I know when our Perth family are leaving from their visit to this part of the world......

Looking forward to it!

Archived