VAustralia

Serendipity

So before i run out and buy our tickets, curious to know if anyone has flown with VAustralia

since their launch on the 13th March? and if so what was your experience?

OR Is it to soon to be asking this Q???

Ta

S

Can tell you in 10dys - my Mom is flying on VAustralia for a visit

Rgds

Matman

Hi Serendipity,

We fly out tomrrow with them and arrive back on the 6th of April.

We will post when we get back how they were amongst other info, Adelaide specific.

Ali26

I'm leaving for Melbourne-Sydney on 30 March with them, will try & post when I land?

My mom flew their FIRST flight to melbourne on 14 March..she was very impressed by the plane which was brand new and the air hostesses were "very pretty"...

She went on to add that "That Richard Branson mos likes to do everything in style"

My mom flew their FIRST flight to melbourne on 14 March..she was very impressed by the plane which was brand new and the air hostesses were "very pretty"...

She went on to add that "That Richard Branson mos likes to do everything in style"

Michelle and Amy were on the second flight on Tuesday - Richard Branson was on that second flight. <_<

She said that had much to learn...seemed like a new crew for a new plane... I'm sure she'll post more.

-G

Cool...my mom said she hoped he would be on her flight and that there would be a big party...but alas....

We fly with them on 31 July....can't wait <_<

Do they (V-Australia) only fly to Melbourne or do they fly Jhb to Perth as well?

Does someone have the sa website please? Can bookings be made online or do we have to go through a travel agent?

They are exactly the same as far as i can see???? Or perhaps im blonde!

They are exactly the same as far as i can see???? Or perhaps im blonde!

They are the same sites (your not being blonde :blush: ) except if your booking in RSA to fly to AU you need to use the RSA website and visa versa, costs are calculated in the relative currency.

We going to get a quote from IOM next week prior to booking with VAU, just curious on the pricing at this point.

Somewhere on top if you go on their website it asks for the country, you have to change that to South Africa. You can book online and pay with a credit card.

My dad and brother was also on the very first direct flight and loved it - but it was also their first flights ever so they would not know if the treatment they got was not so good! he he

We booked my dad's flight in September and my brother's only about 6 weeks ago, and when I got the e-ticket, noticed that the flight times were slightly different. I received e-mails and also personal telephone calls to make sure that we were aware of the flight changes. Very professional! And for the price that we paid, it would be unfair to complain about anything really.

Came on the second flight to SA,crew was sort of none excisting,meals was good,got drinks with the food.If you want anything to drink later,you buy it,luckly not water.The seats are comfortable,much leg space,toilet area also feel bigger,good movies,entertainment.

Maybe because crew is new,that it felt that they were not realy looking after passengers, don't know if i will fly with them again. :whome:

Arrived safely on VAus, service not bad....but not as good as Quantas....maybe because of being'new'...and they where short staffed due to flue. Legroom was better. Not bad at all!

We've booked for 31 Jul for our visa activation trip - good prices... hoping it's going to be a decent set of flights. We booked last night and are waiting for our e-ticket to be emailed... is there usually a delay? Is it maybe cos of the public holiday? Ehh....

We've booked for 31 Jul for our visa activation trip - good prices... hoping it's going to be a decent set of flights. We booked last night and are waiting for our e-ticket to be emailed... is there usually a delay? Is it maybe cos of the public holiday? Ehh....

Kit its normal - i didn't get mine until i called them!!!

That was 4 days later.

I printed the online confirmation off at the end of the booking but was awaiting the email... never came.

Give them a call, think the call is diverted to AU but you still pay for a RSA local call - number is on their website.

NO WAYS!?!?!?! We fly on the same day!!! :( Our flight is at 21:10

Natalie and I would love to meet up with you guys before the flight for a drink if you're keen...let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby flew with VAustralia on Saturday and he was very impressed (he has flown all over the world with various airlines) and he said the service was great and the planes are very modern and good size legroom.

A friend of ours were supposed to be on the Saterday flight and it was delayed until the next morning. V Australia was ver accomodating and he arrived yesterday no problems!

:D

Hubby's was also delayed was so suppose to leave at 9:45 on Saturday but only left at 1:00 the next morning... they wanted to put him up in the Hilton Hotel for the day but he said it is not necessary because he lives in Melbourne....

I lost my dad on the 27th March, booked a flight with VAustralia on the 29thMarch,managed to get onto a flight on the 30th March for $2100,I was amazed when I compared price with Qantas.

VAustralia is defietely the way to go.

The food was great and the service too, watched all the new release movies and the eticket said I would travel 16 hours, it turned out to 14 hours,which was great.

I was also supposed to be on the flight back Saturday night, got a call early Saturday morning to notify me of the delay and they offered to book me into a hotel if need to, luckily I was with family.

I left SA on Sunday at 11am, the flight was great, I will recommend them to anyone and will never fly Qantas again, they are too expensive!

The flight back was 13 and a half hours.

So before i run out and buy our tickets, curious to know if anyone has flown with VAustralia

since their launch on the 13th March? and if so what was your experience?

OR Is it to soon to be asking this Q???

Ta

S

So above is my original post and yes we booked with them and you know what . . . .

THEY WERE FANTASTIC

If you don't need the weight, want to save some money and have a great trip USE THEM

:):blink::o

Archived