Perth - JHB December flight

Blinkers-Off

Hi All,

We would love to go back for Christmas for our first holiday since leaving in Oct 2008.

Does anyone know of a flight to SA from Perth over December that won't break the bank.

Looks like we are in for $5500 for two adults.... eish, and here i thought we were booking early..

Help.... :)

Have you looked at VAustralia's rates . . . looks like about AUD1800 per person (based on fly out 8 Dec 10)

http://www.vaustralia.com.au/

Also just keep in mind it will be peak season for the airlines so the rates

will be higher than off peak.

Thanks Serendipity,

I went onto the VAustralia and saw this option. I might be wrong but when i did the flight search option I got the price as "one way" though and the total would end up being $7300. being around $1800 + $1800 x 2 adults. The other thing is it forces us to fly to Melbourne first and then to SA which would really be an awful two days of flying.

Guess we gonna have to pay the $5500 and fly direct from Perth, guess i under estimated what flying back for holidays can cost.

We in the same boat and this whole rip off thing of Perth-JHB flights gets me no end. The flight distance between Melbourne and Johannesburg is 10,463 km while the distance from Perth to Johannesburg is 8,325 km. Based on the flight distance, the price to fly from Perth should be 20% cheaper and yet the prices we have gotten is Melbourne-JHB $1399 and Perth-JHB $1684 for August. Now that is the effect of VAustralia bringing in competition while Qantas/SAA have the monopoly on the direct Perth to JHB route. NO FAIR!

We booked through V-Australia Brisbane-Melbourne-Johannesburg return from 30 Nov 2010 to 4 Jan 2011 for 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant and paid $7753.00.

If we had booked 2 days earlier it would have been $7053.00.

So don't delay, book asap, flights are filling up quickly.

Cheers

contact this lady:Buela 0418144636, she is in Victoria, she will find you the best price,please mention my name:Bonni, she booked for my mom last year December and I got a return flight for $2100 for my mom <_<

Pippa, we were thinking of going via Singapore and staying there for 2-3 days before continueing. Would you recommend it and what are the visa requirements for doing this? I guess we just want to see more of the world and if we are going via Singapore why not check it out.

Pippa, we were thinking of going via Singapore and staying there for 2-3 days before continueing. Would you recommend it and what are the visa requirements for doing this? I guess we just want to see more of the world and if we are going via Singapore why not check it out.

Not sure what passport you’re on, but as a South African you don’t need a visa for visits to Singapore of up to 30 days. Stopped over there a few years ago – it was very interesting. Great stopover for a few days I reckon. Would definitely recommend it.

Cool thanks HP, and yes we on ZA passports. Think we might give it a try.

Cool thanks HP, and yes we on ZA passports. Think we might give it a try.

No probs, also wanted to add that it’s relatively easy to get around and be understood – command of English is good over there.

Also no Luck for us in December , just too pricy and all the cheap tickets are all sold out , this is what I was told.

But did not give up - booked us on 29 Nov on SAA flying Adelaide - Perth - Johannesburg , for 3 adults and 1 kid and the total price is $ 6,560 and this includes all taxes and $ 756.00 Insurance cover. Good luck hope you find those special tickets!

• 7 months later...

The best online travel agent I've found is www.zuji.com.au have booked thro them b4 they R for real

Archived