Relocation to Perth

Feetjie

Hey everyone

We are possibly packing our bags ..... relocating to Perth. Please know that we are very happy in Brisbane, but we just fell in love with Perth - hubby is in the final stage of a great job offer there, so, I thought lets jump ahead and start doing some research!

Now, I am looking for some relocation companies ... any one who did some interstate moving lately and can give me some feedback? Still don't know if the new employer is possibly going to help with the relocation. Anyway, we have decided not to sell all our stuff - think this is a very personal decision, we did it in SA before moving to Brisbane and I can kick myself for not packing more .... we sold everything on that side and bought again on this side. So basically all our furniture is brand new. :ilikeit:

We are looking at areas in the Northern suburbs - as hubby's work is on that side and family. Can anyone assist with giving some feedback on areas to stay?

If everything works out - we will be in Perth by April .... ready for a wet rainy winter! :lol: If not - we will still be happy in Brissie! Its AUSTRALIA after all! :P

Hi Feetjie,

Well you have made a wonderful decision, we love Perth, originally we were going to Brissie, but I found it too busy, must be age showing through, I love the little sleepy town.

We are up North in a area called Butler. Suburbs around us are Mindarie, Quinns, Merriwa and Clarkson.

If there is anything you need to know, give us a pm.

Good Luck with the move - AGAIN!!

Hi Feetjie

I have only been here in Perth for about 2 months so I may not be as credible as other members on the forum. In my opinion, if you are looking to stay NOR, most areas upwards from Scarborough and close to the beach are nice. I can name a few but there are lots more. The closer you get to the CBD, the busier the area.

Marmion, Duncraige, Sorrento, Padbury, Hillary's, Mullaloo, Craige, Heathridge, Ocean Reef, Joondalup, Connoly, Burns Beach, Quins Rocks and so on.

Please keep in mind that there are lots of lovely areas more inland , however I have not been round long enough to comment on them.

I would not reccomed 'looking inland'

An Ozzie mate has just moved from an 'inland' to 'coastal' house - his primary reason is because Perth summers are very hot, and 'inland' this heat is unbearable because the cooling 'doctor' (sea-breeze) does not reach or goes 'over' the 'inland' areas, making one's outside 'alfresco' area too uncomfortable to use, in those otherwise very hot summer evenings !!

just something to consider >>>>>

We live in Sorrento (NoR) and the cool afternoon breeze we get is absolutely wonderful. Don't know what I'd do without it on these hot days :ilikeit:

I would recommend any of the coastal suburbs from Scarborough up to Quinns Rocks - I haven't been further north than that so I can't comment. But there are also some very nice suburbs that are inland and a bit further from the beach but still good, e.g. Carine, Duncraig, Padbury, Kingsley, Woodvale. These are between the Mitchell Freeway and Marmion Avenue, if you look at a map.

We're organising a Perth family picnic in April at the park next to Trigg Beach, will confirm the details soon, you might be here by then!

Good luck with the job and the move.

Mary

Hi Feetjie,

We are staying NOR in an area called Beechboro. We've been here since Dec 2008. You did not mention if you have kids......but I have two teenagers, and the school they go to is a very good school.

We are very happy here. How far NOR would you be looking into moving?

Hope this info helps a bit.......

Loma

Archived