Kinross as a liveable suburb?

Almost Aussie

Hi all,

We have been in Perth for 2 years and considering buying a property. Have seen some real good value for money houses in Kinross and some questions/concerns came up, as always. Hope you can assist.

1) I’ve had good feedback on both Kinross Primary and Kinross College (mid school). Any conflicting opinions or confirmations?

2) Heard there are plenty of Saffers in Kinross. True or false?

3) What’s with Tamala Park dumping site? Any problems with noise, smells or people not wanting to buy in Kinross due to the site?

4) Any other concerns or compliments you can dish out?

Appreciate your help!

C’ya

AA

Hi all,

We have been in Perth for 2 years and considering buying a property. Have seen some real good value for money houses in Kinross and some questions/concerns came up, as always. Hope you can assist.

1) I’ve had good feedback on both Kinross Primary and Kinross College (mid school). Any conflicting opinions or confirmations?

2) Heard there are plenty of Saffers in Kinross. True or false?

3) What’s with Tamala Park dumping site? Any problems with noise, smells or people not wanting to buy in Kinross due to the site?

4) Any other concerns or compliments you can dish out?

Appreciate your help!

C’ya

AA

AA

We are in Konross for the past 2 years and is still happy , Stay about 1km from the College , nearer to the dumping site. Have not smell Tamala Park at all.

The schools are good. The principal is a non-nonsense principal so thus far I can only speak positively of the school.

My daughter is in year 7 and have the same teacher again that she had last year which actually makes things easier. It was also said that the College is looking to extend the grades to y12 but otherwise , the kids go to Mindarie College for y11 and 12 and mindarie college is as good as a private school.

There are a good number of Saffers in Kinross and surroundings ( Where are they not :-)

The area where we are as quite and has got good neighours.

If you look at the crime stats in the Weekender Community paper, there are hardly any stats for Kinross.

Kinross is made up of a lot of Pommies Scots, etc..

In general , we are happy in Kinross and will defnitley stay there for a while

Shops arer close to us, Train station are close,

Freeway is close to us and then obviously the beach as well. Approx. 2km from my house, so walking distance.

PM me if you need more information.

cheers

Jan

• 2 weeks later...

I think Kinross is a very good value for money suburb with good schools and shops etc etc. Close to the beach , Joondalup and public transport not far at all.

For a secondary beachside suburb, it is defintly worth looking at . Its a newer suburb that Joondalup , and still has some houses on slight bigger block than the new suburbs.

Archived