Bangor, Sutherland Shire

BevF

Can any forumites comment on living in Bangor or surrounds of Illawong, Oatley, Menai, Oyster Bay?

Any input on Bangor Primary? Inaburra Christian School would be great - but eina!, the fees.

I know the distance to Sydney CBD is about 26 kms - how long would this take by public transport?

Thank you so much.

BevF

Hi BevF,

I live in Barden Ridge which is close to Bangor, Menai and Illawong. My two girls go to Aquinas College in Bangor/Menai. The Sutherland Shire is beautiful and our local beach is Cornulla. We also have the National Park close to us. I travel to Bankstown (18km) everyday and it takes me about 25 minutes both ways. I also work at Mascot and that normally takes me 40 minutes by car. In the afternoon it can take me double the time to get home depending on the traffic in the M5 tunnel. If you live in Bangor/Menai/Alfords Point or Illawong you can leave your car at the car park at Sutherland station and catch the train to Sydney (40 minutes) depending on the stops. Menai has a shopping centre and our main one is at Westfields Miranda. If you want information on schools here is the website http://myschool.edu.au. Please PM me if you want any additional information.

Diveup

Archived