IOM...BAD,BAD

mircri22

HI ALL,

WELL,I HAVE TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU..OUR MOVE FINALLY CAME TO AN END AND ALL THE BIG ''BUILD UP''PRESSURE CAME OFF ONCE WE WERE AT THE AIRPORT.BUT THE HUGE SHOCK OF OUR LIVES CAME WHEN WE LOOKED FOR OUR FLIGHT ON THE BOARD AND WE SAW NOTHING HEADING FOR PERTH!!

ARMED WITH MY CONFIRMED PRINT OUT,I WENT TO THE SAA COUNTER AND I GOT TOLD THAT THAT FLIGHT HAS BEEN CANCELLED SINCE MAY LAST YEAR!!!WE ONLY BOOKED IN NOVEMBER!!FIGURE THAT!!

AFTER THE HUGE SHOCK AND OUR FRIENDS AROUND US,THEY TRIED TO HELP AND CALLED IOM,BUT NOBODY ANSWERS THE PHONE ON FRIDAY AT 2...

SO,WE GOT PUT UP AT CESAR'S PALACE TILL THE NEXT DAY AND LEFT 24 HOURS LATER.

YOU CAN JUST IMAGINE WHAT IT WAS LIKE ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE A 3 YEAR OLD WITH YOU!!

OUR FLIGHT TO NEW ZEALAND ALSO HAD TO BE CHANGED AND CONTACT EVERYBODY NOT TO COME AT THE AIRPORT AND WE WON''T BE THERE!!AND CONSIDERING THE TIME DIFFERENCE.

ANYWAY,I TRIED TO SPEAK TO IOM TODAY,BUT THERE WAS AN ANSWERING MACHINE WHEN ASKED TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR.NOT THAT THEY CARE OR I CAN HEAR WHEN THEY WILL SAY''SORRY''.BUT SORRY DOESN'T HELP...

I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THEM AT ALL,THEY WERE VERY UNPROFESSIONALL FROM THE START AND I EVEN HAD POSED HERE THE HEADACHES I HAD WITH THEM..AND IF ANYBODY DECIDES TO BOOK THRU THEM,MAKE SURE YOU CONFIRM 10 TIMES BEFORE YOU GO.ALTHOUGH I DID CONFIRM 3 DAYS PRIOR OUR DEPARTURE,EVEN THE GUY CALLED ''IDEAL''AT SAA SAID IT WAS ALL ''OK''AND EVEN GAVE ME SEAT NUMBERS!!

DID THIS HAPPEN TO ANYBODY BEFORE??

TAKE CARE.

ERIKA

That's bad!! I'm so sorry to hear this...... although I have only very good things to say about IOM and would recommend them anyday ;)

Thank you SO much for the warning Erika!

We also booked through IOM for 26 March and when I checked the SAA flight schedule 5 minutes ago, the flight has been cancelled! And we've been moved to a flight the previous day! :hug: Imagine arriving at the airport and getting told your flight was the previous day!

I just phoned IOM and they seemed just as surprised as me that the flight time changed. Apparently SAA emails them details of flight changes, but they obviously didn't on both these occasions... ;)

I would strongly recommend everyone who booked through IOM to check the flight schedule to see if it hasn't changed.

At least everything worked out .. and we're arriving a day earlier in Perth! yay!

IOM seems very hit and miss, with some people having good service and others terrible. My 2c worth, flights are an important part of the whole moving process, I'd rather pay slightly more and book with an airline with a good reputation than risk it. Our flights actually worked out less with Emirates, and we got 30kg each...really can survive with that, and the service and food was great! Can recommend them.

Archived