Parking at OT Airport!

Noele

The woman who runs the Red Chamber Restaurant in Hyde park always writes a monthly letter that accompanies her invitations to special evening.

Dear Cold Drink Seekers/Givers

Are you upbeat about the coming World Cup? I, like all other South African citizens, have been very patient for the past years, waiting with great anticipation the lifting of the curtain. We are going to hold a wonderful event.

Until I had to drive to OR Tambo to drop off an overseas visitor. The dropping off was the easy part, the coming back to the parking lot proved to be above my intelligence. I knew exactly what parking level I left my wheels but there seemed to be no route leading back to them. I looked up and down, left and right for any signage, but I found none. Still I persevered, It could not be too difficult, I talked loudly to myself.

I took the lift up and down a few times, and walking left and right the whole length of the underground parking, and then back again. Each time I would walk past the same lady in an Airport uniform who was leaning against the wall. She was clearly a person with a calm nature for she was not perturbed by the appearing and disappearing and reappearing of the same Oriental woman with wild hair, red cheeks, skew glasses who was muttering loudly in some foreign language. She was content in her position where best viewing was gained. After more than a quarter of an hour, I decided to surrender. With my forehead now gleaming with sweat and mouth foaming, I stopped in front of this lady. She could see that the entertainment had ended, but if she was disappointed, I could not see. I lost my keen sense of observation somewhat. I humbly handed her my by now crumpled and slightly damp ticket.

“Eish. It’s too far!†she exclaimed. I stood there, not willing to give up. My performance surely must have put her in a good mood.

She stood straight and moved from her spot. I followed her. My head was low but my heart was full of gratification. In no time we reached the right parking level, my eyes lit up and I gave a yelp of joy. I hugged this angel for her assistance. Suddenly, she frowned and asked me “Where is my cold drink?â€

Had I been a novice, I would no doubt be puzzled. “Cold Drink?†I would have found it extremely strange that I should be expected to know where her cold drink was placed. But I was a wise woman of Johannesburg. I might have suffered from mental and physical exhaustion, but my comprehension had not deserted me.

While I was driving home, I became very worried for our overseas visitors. We have to warn our visitors that this nation is full of people who are looking for their cold drinks. God bless South Africa.

• 2 weeks later...

What a good laugh and told in an excellent way !

brilliant :ilikeit:

I thought the fee that one is charged for parking is quite a joke actually!

I thought the fee that one is charged for parking is quite a joke actually!

Perth airport is $3.80/ half hour, surely OT could not be more than this.

Archived